Contribute
Register

Fix no sound after sleep on 1150 (and possibly other realtek's)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gigabyte Z170X gaming 5

Fixed the audio after sleep whit the CodecCommander.kext and darkwake=8

THANKS !!!!!

Everyone mentions Kextbeast, which installs to S/L/E if I remember correctly...
Since I'm running Clover (El Capitan 10.11.5, GA-Z170X-UD5 Skylake) can I just install to EFI/Clover/kexts/10.11 ?

Everyone mentions Kextbeast, which installs to S/L/E if I remember correctly...
Since I'm running Clover (El Capitan 10.11.5, GA-Z170X-UD5 Skylake) can I just install to EFI/Clover/kexts/10.11 ?

The kext needs to be installed in /Library/Extensions (or even S/L/E) folder for it to function correctly.

Working perfectly under 10.11.5 on my GA-97X-UD3H-BK (with ALC1150). All I had to do was install the provided .kext using KextBeast, and voila! My audio was already working after my Clover install, so this was an EXTREMELY simple fix. It's so nice to audio after sleep as part of my build. I've been running a hackintosh since 2009 and have always had this issue, both on my previous build and this one. Thanks so much. This is awesome!

A revelation! Didn't even need Codec Commander!

After worrying so much about making the "Internal Speakers" output work, I finally realized that I was better off ignoring it. Internal Speakers doesn't work after sleep, but the second "Line Out" option works great! So does the front headphones jack.

Here's my setup:

Board: GA-Z170x-UD5
Audio Chipset: ALC1150
Ran audio_cloverALC-110_v1.0r10.command and I have Clover/kexts/10.11/AppleALC.kext

Clover Configurator Settings:
/ACPI: Rename HDAS to HDEF (find "48444153" replace with "48444546")
/Boot: Darkwake (just plain darkwake)
/Devices: Audio Inject 1
/Kernel Patches: Did not require any AppleHDA or other patches set

Please let me know if this works/doesn't work for you.

Last edited:
Thank you.

Pre-compiled kext worked for me but I had to use Darkwake=8.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back