Contribute
Register

Fix no sound after sleep on 1150 (and possibly other realtek's)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Worked with just downloading the already compiled kext for my hackintosh El Capitan 10.11.3 i7490k asus z97sabertooth mk2 HD4600 alc 1150

Thank you so much! This is my first time I got everything working on my hackintosh!

Just wanted to say Thank You!!! New System 10.11.4 on Z97X-UD3-BK/i5-4690K using MB 8.1.0....sound was driving me nuts, tried plist mods, re-installs, all kinds of various stuff. Installed codec commander v2.5.2 (the latest I think as of couple days ago) on a suggestion from another thread and it didn't work... there was some kind of weak sound after sleep (not usable) and the optical port was illuminated but the speakers would now pop every so often now, very annoying...then I went to remove it and oh yeah SIP...so how do I delete that kext now??..LOL...wow El Capitan is a major PITA. Still trying to figure that out. Sorry not a programmer (hats off to you that are, some of this stuff makes my brain hurt....LOL).

But I found this thread, downloaded the codec commander kext linked here (v 2.40), saw the posts with the guys who said it worked with their Z97x-UD3's (thanks for mentioning that guys!) figured why not give it a try (other system reverting to older versions would sometimes solve issues) maybe it would at least stop the popping. Installed with kext utility which removed the other version and put v 2.40 in, everything seems to be working just fine after many cycles of sleep and restarts, etc.

Not the cleanest way to do it but hey it worked. Awesome!!

Some aren't as lucky due to some amplifier chip as I understand it. If that's your case, after compile go into the build-folder and find the release-version of the kext. Open the container and find the .plist inside. Open this file with an editor or plist editor for convenience. Look up the section for your realtek and find the value for update nodes. Edit this to true and possibly increase the delay to the same as in the default section (I think it was 300). Save and install the kext into S/L/E, set darkwake=8 and reboot. Sleep and wake the computer, holding your thumb as we do in Sweden. Hopefully you now have working audio after sleep.

Been having some trouble with my build (ga z97mx gaming 5) and the no sound after wake. I tried just the simple install of the codeccommander.kext with kextbeast. tried a few times and still no good.

so I guess i need to try the above quoted solution. But problem is I have no idea what any of that means and where to start. for example, what would i "compile"? and to go the build-folder do you mean /S/L/E and cmd-I to get info for codeccommander.kext? I did that and it says v 2.4.0. the instructions beyond that I HAVE NO CLUE. How do i open the container to find the .plist? is that through clover?

a step by step would be very useful for a newb like me.

thanks so much.

so I guess i need to try the above quoted solution. But problem is I have no idea what any of that means and where to start. for example, what would i "compile"? and to go the build-folder do you mean /S/L/E and cmd-I to get info for codeccommander.kext? I did that and it says v 2.4.0. the instructions beyond that I HAVE NO CLUE. How do i open the container to find the .plist? is that through clover?

thanks so much.

actually i may have figured it out. I simply opened the codeccommander.text file and edited the sleep node value to yes for realtek alc1150. the send delay was already set to 300. I saved and reinstalled the kext with kextbeast. now when i wake from sleep i seem to have audio! hopefully it stays. :crazy:

Just another quick thank you...

I have run hackintoshes for YEARS now.. but i tend to leave updates to once a year due to the constant hassles... basically when I have a system working 100% I don't touch it until i really need to.

Anyway today I had to switch to a new 500GB SSD so thought I might as well upgrade from 10.10.2 to the latest 10.11.4 as the clover update process looked as easy as its ever been. (not a new install as usual)

All went perfectly apart from no sound - installed a 1150 script to get sound working, but then had no sound after sleep.

Tried loads of other stuff online with no success before i found this post...
simply installed the kext, rebooted and its all perfect.

GA-Z97-D3H

Many thanks

Hello.

When I try to run "Build" on Xcode, I get the following error message:

The run destination My Mac is not valid for Running the scheme 'CodecCommander'.

Anyone come across this issue? Any thoughts as to how to make it work?

Thanks in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back