Contribute
Register

[Fix] Intel HD4200/HD4400/HD4600 Mobile on Yosemite

[FIX] Intel HD4400/HD4600 Mobile on Yosemite

Sucess with HD 4200! I have full QE/CI using these kexts, using 0a260006 and FakeID 0a16. I also added the screen garble fixes so now only minor garble for 1 second during boot. Thank you Rehabman and the-darkvoid! Note - found that hd 4200 uses gt2 not gt1 - lots of bad info on the net.

If confirmed (see request for ioreg), we can change the title/text in post #1...

I wonder if anyone has tried this solution for HD4400 desktop?

it's not explicit in the OP (or I'm just slow)

For mobile HD4400, all we need to do is install FakePCIID.kext and FakePCIID_HD4600_HD4400.kext. No dsdt patches, and it should be good. correct?

it's not explicit in the OP (or I'm just slow)

For mobile HD4400, all we need to do is install FakePCIID.kext and FakePCIID_HD4600_HD4400.kext. No dsdt patches, and it should be good. correct?

Correct... It is very clear from post #1.

But to explain further, HD4400 mobile (8086:0a16) is recognized natively by the kexts' Info.plist, so there is no need to inject device-id (via DSDT patches, FakeID, or other way).

If confirmed (see request for ioreg), we can change the title/text in post #1...

I wonder if anyone has tried this solution for HD4400 desktop?
Hey Rehabman, we have two more confirmed cases with the HD4200 (0xa1e). IOReg attached to this post.

ig-platform-id necessary varies between machines. dudenesspa on the Lenovo Yoga needed 0x0a260006 while me and another member on InsanelyMac on Dell Venue 11 Pro didn't need to inject an ig-platform-id (defaults to 0x0d220003)

Attachments

• Alexandre’s Mac Pro.zip
    376.8 KB · Views: 101

Hey Rehabman, we have two more confirmed cases with the HD4200 (0xa1e). IOReg attached to this post.

Cool. The ioreg shows a "good bingo"...

@darkvoid... Maybe you could modify post #1 to include HD4200 details.

ig-platform-id necessary varies between machines. dudenesspa on the Lenovo Yoga needed 0x0a260006 while me and another member on InsanelyMac on Dell Venue 11 Pro didn't need to inject an ig-platform-id (defaults to 0x0d220003)

You will need to use a different ig-platform-id to get backlight control (and lid initiated sleep) to work properly.

Cool. The ioreg shows a "good bingo"...

@darkvoid... Maybe you could modify post #1 to include HD4200 details.

You will need to use a different ig-platform-id to get backlight control (and lid initiated sleep) to work properly.
Lid initiated sleep seems to work (although wake either gives instant reboot or black screen, haven't gone through fixing sleep/wake yet). The ACPIBacklight.kext seems to give some sort of effect as it is brighter than without it but there is no slider. Unfortunately, 0x0d220003 is the only one that allows me to boot with no framebuffer issues on the internal display hence we will probably need to patch the framebuffer for this one.

Lid initiated sleep seems to work (although wake either gives instant reboot or black screen, haven't gone through fixing sleep/wake yet). The ACPIBacklight.kext seems to give some sort of effect as it is brighter than without it but there is no slider. Unfortunately, 0x0d220003 is the only one that allows me to boot with no framebuffer issues on the internal display hence we will probably need to patch the framebuffer for this one.

It is not ACPIBacklight.kext making it brighter. It is the "Brightness Fix (Haswell)" that has that effect...

There is no slider because the display is AppleDisplay instead of AppleBacklightDisplay. Which is because you're using a desktop ig-platform-id (no LVDS connector in the framebuffer).

Any ig-platform-id can be used, it just depends on what you want to patch... (eg. add LVDS connector, and add/change backlight levels to desktop platform, or change whatever is preventing a mobile platform from working).

In the case of 0x0d220003, you have 32mb BIOS, 19mb framebuffer, 0mb cursor bytes.
And 0x0a260006 is 32mb, 19mb, and 6mb.

It could be you need an LVDS connector at a different port (than port 0 used by 0xa260006).

Sucess with HD 4200! I have full QE/CI using these kexts, using 0a260006 and FakeID 0a16. I also added the screen garble fixes so now only minor garble for 1 second during boot. Thank you Rehabman and the-darkvoid! Note - found that hd 4200 uses gt2 not gt1 - lots of bad info on the net.

Great, so I was correct in post #601.

I will update the first post with details for the HD4200 based on the information you have found so far.
From what I understand there are still unknowns regarding the ig-platform-ids required.

Great, so I was correct in post #601.

I will update the first post with details for the HD4200 based on the information you have found so far.
From what I understand there are still unknowns regarding the ig-platform-ids required.

ig-platform-id always varies (although 0xa260006 is most common).

I'm guessing that injecting either device-id=0412 or device-id=0a16 works...

Hi,

My graphics is working properly. Do not get stuck on the pictures and I have no objections to it. I tried to install kexty with this topic, but I do not see a major change. Unfortunately, HDMI does not work. Computer hangs after connecting the cable, and then restarts.

Attachments

• config.plist
    3.1 KB · Views: 121
  • mac.ioreg
    1.6 MB · Views: 92
Back