Contribute
Register

[Fix] Intel HD4200/HD4400/HD4600 Mobile on Yosemite

[FIX] Intel HD4400/HD4600 Mobile on Yosemite

When you finish, post ioreg. The last ioreg you provided demonstrated some sort of kext patching.

Refer to this guide: http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...oting-os-x-installer-laptops-clover-uefi.html

You need to install both FakePCIID.kext and FakePCIID_HD4400_HD4600.kext.

OMG, I´m such a silly boy....sent you the ioreg from my Yosemite-install with the patched kexts...
Attached here is the ioreg from my vanilla test-install...
Thanks for patience and taking time...

Attachments

• Michael’s MacBook Pro.ioreg
    5 MB · Views: 111

OMG, I´m such a silly boy....sent you the ioreg from my Yosemite-install with the patched kexts...
Attached here is the ioreg from my vanilla test-install...
Thanks for patience and taking time...

Ok, this one looks as I would expect. Now go back to post #1 and follow it (you have FakePCIID installed correctly, but you're lacking the FakeID in config.plist for IntelGFX).

There are working config.plist files here: https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Clover-Laptop-Config.

Note: My comment regarding dropping too many SSDTs still applies.

Ok, this one looks as I would expect. Now go back to post #1 and follow it (you have FakePCIID installed correctly, but you're lacking the FakeID in config.plist for IntelGFX).

There are working config.plist files here: https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Clover-Laptop-Config.

Note: My comment regarding dropping too many SSDTs still applies.

Yes, Yes, Yessir, your comment was absolutely correct. I dropped too much ssdts. Working with your
confighd4600.plist did the trick ( deleted the unnecessary patch and the word `disabled`).
Kexts are all loaded on my test-install, got QE/CI without any glitches.

I dropped them all (oem-ssdt) to avoid conflicts with my (piker alpha-generated) ssdt in the clover/acpi/patched folder.

One minor problem arised...lost brightness control on all three partition, have to work on it...
is it due to not-dropping ssdt´s with clover, does it disable the ssdt in the acpi-folder....?

Don´t mind , weekend is long and the weather soooo bad....I´ll read the guides you mentioned.
Thanks again for your help, I keep you informed..

Yes, Yes, Yessir, your comment was absolutely correct. I dropped too much ssdts. Working with your
confighd4600.plist did the trick ( deleted the unnecessary patch and the word `disabled`).

I dropped them all (oem-ssdt) to avoid conflicts with my (piker alpha-generated) ssdt in the clover/acpi/patched folder.

One minor problem arised...lost brightness control on all three partition, have to work on it...
is it due to not-dropping ssdt´s with clover, does it disable the ssdt in the acpi-folder....?

Don´t mind , weekend is long and the weather soooo bad....I´ll read the guides you mentioned.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-laptop-support/152573-guide-patching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts.html

http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...ching-dsdt-ssdt-laptop-backlight-control.html

Intel HD4400 Mobile

In some cases the display of OS X (particularly the menu bar) is garbled.
It is possible a 9MB cursor framebuffer patch resolves this problem.

Refer to the following two posts for more information:

@darkvoid,

The "9mb cursor bytes" patch is applicable equally to HD4400 and HD4600.

(OT)
True, that is a much better idea!
AppleMergeUsbNub can be used in the injector plist to inject RM,device-id, RM,vendor-id etc to allow (some) injectors without DSDT patches.

Confirmed working for BCM94352Z injector without dsdt patches. Thanks guys!
I notice my reference to hd4400 in the 9mb patch post is creating some confusion. I'll go edit it out!

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by testubabe

FYI..I´m one step further. The one and only SSDT-table that I have to drop (did it in the clover option menu to test what happens ) to keep my brightness control at work is the SaSSDT-table. All´s well on my 10.9.5-partition and my Yosemite-partition with the bin-patched kexts.

Unfortunately, this is the one table that f****up your new solution, dropping it prevents the two kexts to load.
Not sure where to go from here. Any ideas or hints what to change and where doing it ?

in the linux-extracted tables , the ssdts are numbered -1. -2, -3,.......Does anybody knows, which one
the clover menu means by naming it SaSSDT ?

Attachments

• EFI-files.zip
    31.2 KB · Views: 104
Last edited by a moderator:

FYI..I´m one step further. The one and only SSDT-table that I have to drop (did it in the clover option menu to test what happens ) to keep my brightness control at work is the SaSSDT-table. All´s well on my 10.9.5-partition and my Yosemite-partition with the bin-patched kexts.

Unfortunately, this is the one table that f****up your new solution, dropping it prevents the two kexts to load.
Not sure where to go from here. Any ideas or hints what to change and where doing it ?

in the linux-extracted tables , the ssdts are numbered -1. -2, -3,.......Does anybody knows, which one
the clover menu means by naming it SaSSDT ?

Read the links at post #628 carefully.

Sucess with HD 4200! I have full QE/CI using these kexts, using 0a260006 and FakeID 0a16. I also added the screen garble fixes so now only minor garble for 1 second during boot. Thank you Rehabman and the-darkvoid! Note - found that hd 4200 uses gt2 not gt1 - lots of bad info on the net.

Back