Contribute
Register

[Fix] Intel HD4200/HD4400/HD4600 Mobile on Yosemite

[FIX] Intel HD4400/HD4600 Mobile on Yosemite

Hi, RehabMan you are great!
The new solution is fasinating :) It made the contents on my screen look alot clearer with the HD 4600, safari, quicktime, itunes, preview problems are gone! I just wanted to thank you and who helped you, for this solution and your help everywhere in hackintosh community!
Raff7M.

Rehabman,

I tried loading AppleIntelFrameBufferAzul and AppleIntelHD5000Graphics through a code-less kext, matching against 8086:0416.

But that does not seem to work. Did you ever try or heard of someone loading graphics drivers through a code-less kext?

Rehabman,

I tried loading AppleIntelFrameBufferAzul and AppleIntelHD5000Graphics through a code-less kext, matching against 8086:0416.

But that does not seem to work. Did you ever try or heard of someone loading graphics drivers through a code-less kext?

I did it once with AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext for desktop HD3000 (8086:0122). I did it only to see if it was possible. It worked...

Start with the Info.plist from the actual kexts, then strip all the parts that make them not codeless...

Note: Although it is possible and is slightly easier for noobs, a DSDT patch is better (or Clover FakeID) as it is less dependent on the system. The class names and bundle identifiers can change between versions of OS X as has happened many times in the WiFi and BT kexts, and when that happens, the codeless kext is broken.

Hi, RehabMan you are great!
The new solution is fasinating :) It made the contents on my screen look alot clearer with the HD 4600, safari, quicktime, itunes, preview problems are gone! I just wanted to thank you and who helped you, for this solution and your help everywhere in hackintosh community!
Raff7M.

It was the-darkvoid's idea, I just helped finish it.

Then thank you too the-darkvoid!

Note: Although it is possible and is slightly easier for noobs, a DSDT patch is better (or Clover FakeID) as it is less dependent on the system.

Since the IOKit personalities for AppleIntelFrameBufferAzul and AppleIntelHD5000Graphics are quite large, I guess Clover Fake-ID is the best newbie friendly solution here.

For Airport_Brcm4360 I guess its ok, since the IOKit personality is very simple.
Although I will additionally test that with Clover Fake-ID for WiFi also.

Additionally, do you think its possible to replace the SSD trim patch with FakePCIID injection (or equivalent for SATA devices)?
I need to see in IOReg how it shows, but if it looks at properties which can be faked it might be possible.

Injecting fake-id and ig-platform-id for Intel HD 4600 is working fine.

Injecting fake-id for WiFi through Clover does not work, probably because Clover does not recognise it as a WiFi card.

Back