Contribute
Register

[FIX] HD4200/HD4400/HD4600/HD5600 on 10.11+

Thank you for the reply,
what should i do now, how to fix it?

It is a hardware/BIOS flash/IMEI firmware problem.
For example, ES/QS CPUs do not have IMEI so if your CPU is ES/QS (eg. laptop was purchased used, and someone replaced the CPU...).
Or some people are paranoid about IMEI so they purposely disable it.
Or sometimes replacing a motherboard can result in IMEI flash failing.

Hi Rehabman, I'm still having issues with my laptop display (you already helped me out a couple of posts ago), I could only get osx to boot into GUI with ig-platform-id 0x0d220003 wich is a desktop one so now Im having a hard time to implement brightness also battery notification as well.
When I try booting with ig-platform-id 0x0a260006 if I inject EDID the system restarts right before entering to GUI.
If I dont inject EDID the system boots normally but my internal display turns off instead of showing graphical interface.
Of course I tried a million differnt things but i always get to the same place, also tried your guide as written many times...
Would you tell me what files do you need to be able to help me out? Remembre I cannot boot with the correct ig-platform-id.

Thank you!

Hi Rehabman, I'm still having issues with my laptop display (you already helped me out a couple of posts ago), I could only get osx to boot into GUI with ig-platform-id 0x0d220003 wich is a desktop one so now Im having a hard time to implement brightness also battery notification as well.
When I try booting with ig-platform-id 0x0a260006 if I inject EDID the system restarts right before entering to GUI.
If I dont inject EDID the system boots normally but my internal display turns off instead of showing graphical interface.
Of course I tried a million differnt things but i always get to the same place, also tried your guide as written many times...
Would you tell me what files do you need to be able to help me out? Remembre I cannot boot with the correct ig-platform-id.

Thank you!

Off-topic.
Open a separate thread.

hy Rehabman this is the first time I write here,
I got a Lenovo g50-70 with os Sierra and clover r4003 I have already patched the SSDT with your patches to get power management working ,and some other features,but when I enable the inject intel in clover configuration the os doesn't boots up it stucks on apple booting logo and in verbose boot says something like kext id what 'IGPU',
i notified that putting your kext (fake pciid and pciid intel) and inserting the intel igfx in clover the graphic card doesn't get the correct id.
I hope to have explained the problem correctly and you can give me a solution.
tnx davide

hy Rehabman this is the first time I write here,
I got a Lenovo g50-70 with os Sierra and clover r4003 I have already patched the SSDT with your patches to get power management working ,and some other features,but when I enable the inject intel in clover configuration the os doesn't boots up it stucks on apple booting logo and in verbose boot says something like kext id what 'IGPU',
i notified that putting your kext (fake pciid and pciid intel) and inserting the intel igfx in clover the graphic card doesn't get the correct id.
I hope to have explained the problem correctly and you can give me a solution.
tnx davide

Your laptop has a guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...40-70-g50-70-g40-70-using-clover-uefi.232823/

Follow it as written.

hi rehabman,i ve installed 10,11 on my
HP Spectre 13 x2 Pro 1.6GHz i5-4202Y 13.3" 1920 x 1080pixels
the major problem is i only have 7mb for my hd4200 ,i read this thread and the other one conserning hd4200/4400/4600
and try the solution mentioned but i ve no result,my card is named processeur graphique gpu,intel 0x8086,identifiant 0x0a1e,revision 0x000b,noyau no changed kext;vram 7mb,i ve the fake pcid in my clover/kext/10,11
what can i do? i joint my clover
thanks

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    5 MB · Views: 59
hi rehabman,i ve installed 10,11 on my
HP Spectre 13 x2 Pro 1.6GHz i5-4202Y 13.3" 1920 x 1080pixels
the major problem is i only have 7mb for my hd4200 ,i read this thread and the other one conserning hd4200/4400/4600
and try the solution mentioned but i ve no result,my card is named processeur graphique gpu,intel 0x8086,identifiant 0x0a1e,revision 0x000b,noyau no changed kext;vram 7mb,i ve the fake pcid in my clover/kext/10,11
what can i do? i joint my clover
thanks

"Problem Reporting" files are incomplete.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

excuse ,i don t find the gen debug sh tool;and i read the thread only find that
The AppleIntelFramebufferAzul kext has this in the header for 0xa260006:

0600260A 01030303 00000002 00003001 00006000

Byte reversing the values, we get 0x02000000 (32MB) for DVMT-prealloc requirement, 0x01300000 (19MB) for framebuffer size, and 0x00600000 (6MB) for cursor bytes. Of course we usually patch the 6MB to 9MB, otherwise there are glitches.
but it s not for haswell ,do i need to change the dmvt prealloc?i don t speak good englich so tell me specialy what i have to do for fixing the graphic ram value default please,thanks

excuse ,i don t find the gen debug sh tool;and i read the thread only find that
The AppleIntelFramebufferAzul kext has this in the header for 0xa260006:

0600260A 01030303 00000002 00003001 00006000

Byte reversing the values, we get 0x02000000 (32MB) for DVMT-prealloc requirement, 0x01300000 (19MB) for framebuffer size, and 0x00600000 (6MB) for cursor bytes. Of course we usually patch the 6MB to 9MB, otherwise there are glitches.
but it s not for haswell ,do i need to change the dmvt prealloc?i don t speak good englich so tell me specialy what i have to do for fixing the graphic ram value default please,thanks

Still no "problem reporting" files attached.
The gen_debug.sh thread is linked from the last question in the FAQ.
Please read carefully.

hi rehabman,i v got some trouble with hd4200,i install elcapitain on hp spectre x2 pro ,i try to boot with the configplist made for 4200/4400/4600 but imposible , i finaly find one and install the os,no trouble ,voodoohda working for sound and power managment is good,but i v only 7mb dedicated for my hd4200 so i read all the thread about instalation and solution for hd 4200 and no result ,i modify my configplist with the right idplatform ,try some kextpatching but nothing change,when i try ti boot with your 4200/4400/4600 cofigplist ithe screen shut down ten seconds after booting ,i mean the problem is the frambuffer/azul,so i try to patch my dsdt to resolve it but i v some problemes to desassembly it,i m new ,please look at my dsdt and config.plist
i join my clover folder zip
i look at the specs off my computer with ioregexpl,but i see nothing about my hd4200

Attachments

• clover spectre x2 pro def 7mb ram.zip
    5.3 MB · Views: 80
Back