Contribute
Register

Fix for failure NVIDIA Web Driver on High Sierra, black screen, panics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi iLikeHackintosh,
Thank you for you answer.

Actually I have no problem installing High Sierra. I even updated it to 10.13.6. But whatever MultiBeast, Clover configuration I choose, I can only boot using nv_disable=1. Otherwise I get a black screen and a grey turning wheel.

What is weird is that even though I have crappy graphics, my graphics card is detected and Web driver is checked. And when I take a screenshot it looks nice and crisp when viewed on another computer... :crazy: (pic attached)

So I figured my issue had someting to do with the drivers. Perhaps it is a matter of finding the right EFI setup... So far no luck.:cry:

Attachments

• Capture d’écran 2018-12-07 à 12.37.42.png
    Capture d’écran 2018-12-07 à 12.37.42.png
    718.2 KB · Views: 301
Actually I have no problem

If you are so great expert, then why you have issues at all? And if someone points out from where to start fixing these, he is wrong immediately :D As I said you shall for first install High Sierra properly. If macOS is installed properly no NullCPUPowerManagement needed.

Haha what an expert I am indeed...:lol:

What I meant was that I managed to install High Sierra, and update it. Did a fresh install this morning. Then run Multibeast. As you can tell, I am completely stumbling in the dark here. It is the third time in 6 years that I update my Hackintosh and it is everytime a challenging process, since I have no computing background whatsover. :crazy:

When I ran mutlibeast I had memories of a time when NullCPUpowerManagement was needed. That's why I checked it. Thank you for letting me know it is unnecessary.

I'll try reinstalling High Sierra.

It is the third time in 6 years that I update my Hackintosh

Great luck to you! In this timeframe a lot has changed about installing and configuring a hack. There are 2 ways to build hack, just to use some tools and to cross fingers fro luck. Another option is to learn and apply the knowledge. The last one is definitely time consuming and uncomfort way. As this thread is not about building a hack but about fixing very specific issues, I also recommended you to start from learning how to build a proper High Sierra hack. As you are using Nvidia, there are only 2 options available, to stay on High Sierra or to replace it with an AMD Vega 64 graphics card for Mojave.

Thank you very much for your support! I do not have the time to learn everything from scratch, so I have decided to start a new hackintosh based on a gold build from Stork, because I neeed a fast computer up and running for professionnal video work.
I have learned a great deal along the way, and I will continue to learn. :geek:
And changing the GPU for an AMD Vega 64 is great ! Might save my old Hackintosh. :thumbup:

Update : I ended up buying a second hand AMD RX 580 pulse and it worked instantly. Thank you for your help !
As you are using Nvidia, there are only 2 options available, to stay on High Sierra or to replace it with an AMD Vega 64 graphics card for Mojave.

Thanks!!! Work for me.

Motherboard: I7 5960x
CPU: x99-ultra gaming
Graphics: PNY Quadro M4000
Other Hardware: 64 gigas

Hello friends, it's been 3 days that I really tried everything and really my system does not load the video card, always the black screen appear. The system loads well, if anyone has an idea. Thanks.

I forget, I am on 10.13.6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back