Contribute
Register

Fix for failure NVIDIA Web Driver on High Sierra, black screen, panics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
That black screen is a different problem with a different cause - patched or injected properties for AGPM/AGDC is the solution and there are several ways to accomplish this. NvidiaGraphicsFixup includes most of them. But yes using 14,2 sysdef will solve it too, as long as everything else still works.
Can I get rid of NvidiaGraphicsFixup?

could someone kindly help me solve my problem with the video card? I have a version of high sierra 10.13.4 as a processor I have an i7 7800x then as a system definition i'm using the imac 17.1. my video card is a palit gtx 1070ti.
I installed the web drivers but they do not go ... Can you help me? tanks

In need of some help with GTX 960 drivers on macOS 10.13.4 High Sierra (17E199)

After rebooting from install fo NVIDIA driver 387.10.10.10.30.106 I get the black screen if I have 'NvidaWeb' selected in clover.

If I don't select NvidiaWeb in clover, the NVIDIA drivers are not loaded... I can select them in the panel, restart, but they are not loaded...

This is a fresh install and I have not used Lilu or any other 'fixes'.

I do have EmuVariableUefi.
boot args are: -v dart=0 slide=0 npci=0x2000

any help? what to try next?

Edit: did exactly what this thread said not to do, used lilu and nvidiafixup. working fine now

Last edited:
I updated from 10.13.3 to 10.13.4+ and got a black screen error after updating Nvidia driver to last version. Editing my config.plist with CsrActiveConfig to 0x00 > reboot > CsrActiveConfig to 0x67 was the solution.

All kexts latest versions.

Hey guys, just cause this isn't listed virtually anywhere: a newbie mistake I made was plugging in my GPU into PCIEX4 instead of the slot closer to the CPU; PCIEX16. Once I switched it, I no longer had the black screen/no post problem. So try that too !!!

... " According to various web recourses an easiest option is to remove NVDAStartupWeb.kext from /Library/Extension. If you have installed High Sierra properly you should have access to the Recovery Mode. So reboot you comp into Recovery mode and launch Termina and remove NVDAStartupWeb.kext from /Library/Extension. Replace HDD with name of your High Sierra startup disk.

Code:
rm -R /Volumes/HDD/Library/Extensions/NVDAStartupWeb.kext
touch /Volumes/HDD/Library/Extensions/
reboot

or commands below to clean completely NVIDIA Web Drivers.
Code:
cd /Volumes/HDD/System/Library/Extensions/
rm -R GeF*.*
touch /Volumes/HDD/System/Library/Extensions/
cd /Volumes/HDD/Library/Extensions/
rm -R GeF*.* NVDA*.*
touch /Volumes/HDD/Library/Extensions/
reboot

Do some cleanup once you gain access to your Desktop

Once you got access back to your Desktop you have to do some cleanup. Mount your EFI partition and remove all these kexts:
  • Lilu.kext
  • NVWebDriverLibValFix.kext
  • NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext
Check folders /System/Library/Extensions/ and /Library/Extensions/ for these kexts and remove these. Also check /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other etc for these kexts and remove these! Also remove FakeSMC_GPUSensors.kext etc.

Uninstall completely NVIDIA Web Drivers.

I had to pass on my thanks for this section of your post! Like a fool, I decided to try using the web drivers for my GTX760 card. This was a bad thing. (NO SPECIAL DRIVERS NEEDED FOR THIS SPECIFIC CARD!) Anyways, the cleanup ideas were just what this idiot needed. THANK YOU!

oke i dont know if this is the right place its my first time posting but after updating to version 10.13.5, Im not able to get in i get the prohibited sign see attachment. i rebooted my computer into Recovery mode and launched Terminal and i removed NVDAStartupWeb.kext from /Library/Extension. But still get the sign

Attachments

• IMG_9165.JPG
    IMG_9165.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 150
  • IMG_0964.JPG
    IMG_0964.JPG
    3 MB · Views: 146
I can't seem to get past the black screen with my install. I'm not sure where I went wrong, so I've got a few questions.

I'm on:
  • MacOS: 10.13.5
  • Lilu: 1.2.3 installed in /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other
  • NvidiaGraphicsFixup: 1.2.7 installed in /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other
  • NVIDIA Web Driver: 387.10.10.10.35.106
  • Using APFS not HFS
  • I'm using a 27" Apple Cinema Display with a resolution of 2560 by 1440 via the display port on the "Geforce GTX 1050Ti G1Gaming" video card which I then have a converter to a mini display port.
Some configuration information:
  • Boot: Only have dart=0 enabled
  • RT Variables: CsrActiveConfig is set to 0x67
  • SMBIOS: Product Name: iMac 14,2
  • System Parameters: Inject Kexts is Yes, Inject System ID and NvidiaWeb are both selected.
  • Install Drivers: EmuVariableUefi-64 and OsxAptioFix2Drv-64 are the only drivers installed.
  • BIOS: I have a Gigabyte motherboard, so I disabled the integrated graphics. (I'm hoping to use integrated graphics to drive a 2nd or 3rd monitor down the road, so not excited about disabling this, but I've seen reference that this may cause the black screen)
Where do I go from here? I've tried rebooting multiply times, still end on black screen. I can use screen share to get into box, but monitor just displays a black screen.

I had same hardware working with Sierra. Only difference is I loaded High Sierra onto a new SSD drive.

I've seen reference to having nvda_drv=1 enabled in Boot options, I've seen switching my product name, and remote desktop to switch display resolution. I've also seen to install the Lilu and NvidiaGraphicsFixup kexts in /Library/Extensions instead of /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other but this guide says put the kexts here: /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other so that is what I did. Do I need to touch the /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/ folder also? Do I need to do something with NVRAM?

I'm at a loss as to what to try next.

Last edited:
:/ Love how my system works alright from fresh install, but then i install a few kexts like "Lilu.kext & NvidiaGraphicsFix.kext" and latest suggested nVidia Web Drivers and BOOM, im not able to boot anymore... Does anyone have any suggestions on what i can do? I can load up Recovery Mode but thats about it. Would really like to not have to reinstall macOS High Sierra again.

I0gDdX6.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back