Contribute
Register

[Fix] 10.11.4 broken audio with AppleHDA injector (dummyHDA)

10.11.4 will break audio for those using AppleHDA injectors with symlink to AppleHDA binary (as in so-called "dummyHDA kexts).

You need to fix the Info.plist in your AppleHDA injector kext.

For those that need more explanation, see post #22: http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...applehda-injector-dummyhda-3.html#post1223804

Heck I almost feel like I programmed something ;/)

I am sorry to hear the PBI is no longer supported because it was my route into Hackintosh and this simple edit took most of a day to figure out ;/)

Thanks for all your brilliance

Cheers

Mark

Kudos and thanks to Rehabman (as always) and nfg1991 for their fix and explanations.... Updated to 10.11.4 originally with no sound on my HP Elitebook 8060p ....
But thanks to this all is now working perfectly! :D:headbang::thumbup:

Hello,
I have also an Hp8460p with 10.11.4 and no Sound. Can you tell my what you exactly did to fix it, please?

Thank you,

Best regards,

Otti28

So here is my step-by-step guide for those who almost don't understand a thing. (ProBook 6570b + Clover)

1. Locate AppleHDAIDT.kext under /System/Library/Extensions
2. Copy it to Desktop
3. Right click on it -> Show package content
4. Open Info.plist in Contents folder with a text editor
5. Add
Code:
<key>com.apple.iokit.IOPCIFamily</key>
<string>1.1</string>
<key>com.apple.iokit.IOACPIFamily</key>
<string>1.2.0a1</string>
just below
Code:
<key>OSBundleLibraries</key>
<dict>
6. Save it
7. Download KextBeast (http://www.tonymacx86.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=310) to Desktop
8. Run it
9. Rebuild cache the following way:

- boot without caches (press spacebar for Clover menu, choose from resulting menu)
- rebuild cache:

Code:
[COLOR=#000000]sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /[/COLOR]
- boot normally

Now You should have your sound back.

Thanks, this worked for me. Just ignore the two bracketed entries containing COLOR in the last code block when you rebuild the cache in the terminal. That last slash is important. Totally made the noob mistake of ignoring it even though linux taught me better. Worked on my 4530S.

ok uploaded file !! thank you

Attachments

• Files.zip
    4.3 MB · Views: 118
ok uploaded file !! thank you

You're not using an AppleHDA injector (looking at the guide you followed)... so this guide does not apply to you.

You will need to repatch your AppleHDA.

Back