Contribute
Register

[Fix] 10.11.4 broken audio with AppleHDA injector (dummyHDA)

OK, got it working! Must have re-run PBI once too much without fixing the kext, thinking I already had done so. :banghead::banghead::banghead:

Thanks a megaton! :thumbup:

Now I wonder about some funny text in the audio menu:

Probably your AppleHDA.kext is not vanilla. Use the OS X installer to refresh all kexts.

... noooo .... it came from a OSXUpdCombo10.11.4.pkg as of mar.12.2016.
Just pulled (pacifist) AppleHDA.kext out of it and did a folder comparison (TextWrangler, DiffMerge, FileMerge) to my S/L/E AppleHDA.kext.
Identical. Also size in bytes, version, dates.

... noooo .... it came from a OSXUpdCombo10.11.4.pkg as of mar.12.2016.
Just pulled (pacifist) AppleHDA.kext out of it and did a folder comparison (TextWrangler, DiffMerge, FileMerge) to my S/L/E AppleHDA.kext.
Identical. Also size in bytes, version, dates.

That is the wrong way to install vanilla AppleHDA.kext. Updates do not contain the full kext (hence the term 'update').

Download the OS X installer, and run it.

The install was done running the full OSXUpdCombo10.11.4.pkg. Should have left a complete kext in S/L/E. And if they are identical, in this case the Pacifist extract gave me the whole thing. Or am I being smarter than I really am?

OK, you don't have to answer the last question. :)

The install was done running the full OSXUpdCombo10.11.4.pkg. Should have left a complete kext in S/L/E. Or am I being smarter than I really am?

The combo update assumes you have a valid AppleHDA already installed. It contains only the changes.

The combo update assumes you have a valid AppleHDA already installed. It contains only the changes.
That crossed with my edit of the post. If they are identical, this particular update replaced the complete kext. Or not?

That crossed with my edit of the post. If they are identical, this particular update replaced the complete kext. Or not?

Updates do not include the entire kext. Updates assume the original vanilla kext was installed

The only way to get a damaged kext fixed is via the OS X installer that matches the version you're currently running.

The only way to get a damaged kext fixed is via the OS X installer that matches the version you're currently running.

OK, I get it. I'll leave the repair for the weekend.

A BIG THANK YOU for your help!

Hi plzzz HELP !! i update my probook 4540s to 10.11.4 and i get no sound. i search but i only found something for other probooks and i tried but i didnt worked.... :( :(

Back