Graphics
HD4000
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
1[SUP]st[/SUP] time builder is getting a white frozen screen (w/ Apple logo) on boot from SSD drive. My ML 10.8.2 build is a completely TonyMac recommended set of components: Z77X-UP5TH, i7-3770K, HD4000, Corsair Vengeance 4x8GB 1600 DDR3, 120 GB SanDisk SSD, and 2 Seagate 1TB Barracudas, Acer X223w.
Initially, using a UniBeast prepared USB flash drive I successfully loaded ML 10.8.2 on my SSD and then loaded the recommended drives via MultiBeast. The system was booting just fine from the SSD, except that I was only getting 1024x768 resolution on my monitor! Trying to fix the graphics issue, I reran the MultiBeast and whatever settings I changed caused my system not reboot from SSD any longer. Since then, I have booted up from the USB again, and erased the SSD clean and reformatted (Mac OS Extended Journaled, GUID Partition Table), then reloaded ML and MultiBeast back on it , and can get up and running initially, but on any reboot from SSD I get a frozen white screen with Apple logo and without the rotating round dial underneath it! It just seems like my system isn’t reading from my SSD! I’ve attached a few pictures of my BIOS for reference. Any advise is greatly appreciated.

- misc 5 019a.jpg- misc 5 018a.jpg- misc 5 020a.jpg- misc 5 021a.jpg- misc 5 022a.jpg

The first thing I see is that all of the boot options start with UEFI. Change that to non UEFI - each boot device has a plain icon and a UEFI icon and we are not booting UEFI here...

Going Bald:

Thank you for taking the time to look over my build problems. I started with a fresh install of MultiBeast and reset my boot drives to non-UEFI, and it solved the problem. Thanks again, and please let me know if you spot anything else.

The reinstall also solved my display resolution problem. Seemingly I had erroniously checked off the GraphicEnabler=No in error, which was holding back my HD4000. The reinstall took care of that problem.

Best regards,

how do you change to non UEFI

how do you change to non UEFI

In BIOS each drive has a descriptor - i.e WD300 or something like that. In a UEFI BIOS, each drive has 2 descriptors:
WD300 and UEFI-WD300 and the icon for the first is a plain disk and the UEFI icon is a disk with UEFI written on top of it.
Select the one that does not have UEFI written on top of it or in front of it in the list.

In BIOS each drive has a descriptor - i.e WD300 or something like that. In a UEFI BIOS, each drive has 2 descriptors:
WD300 and UEFI-WD300 and the icon for the first is a plain disk and the UEFI icon is a disk with UEFI written on top of it.
Select the one that does not have UEFI written on top of it or in front of it in the list.

i only got 1 option which is UEFI is there anything else i need to change be able to get UEFI and Non UEFI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back