Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook
  3. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi, I'm wanting to build a Hackintosh. I will be using it for After Effects and Premiere Pro CS6 and Final Cut Pro X and eventually cinema 4D. I will use it for my movies and web browsing. I might want to dual boot as well. I have read up on everything. Here are some questions I have.

CPU:
I'm pretty sure what I'll get the i7, But which one? How much of a difference is over clocking? I don't know if I should get the i7-3770 or the i7-3770k.

Motherboard:
Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H I think this is a good motherboard.

Storage:
I am going with the Seagate Barracuda SATA 6Gb/s 1TB HDD. I will want to get a SSD and mod it to a Fusion drive.

Ram:
16GB Corsair 1600Mhz DDR3 8x2. I will be able to upgrade to 32GB later if wanted.

Case:
I'm not sure of what case to get. I want to keep the price down but I want good airflow if you have any recommendations that would be great.

Power Supply:
I don't know what wattage to get. Once anagin i want to keep the price down but I don't want to have any problems with not enough wattage. If you have any ideas that would be great.

Graphics Card:
i'm not sure how these work. Do they use the ports on the motherboard? The other thing is that I know that some don't work with Final Cut Pro. And CS6 has some feature with raytracing that needs some spacial card, there is a list some where. I'm not really going to be play any games. But I will be working with video and photos in high in programs, like: After Effects, Photoshop, Premiere Pro, Final Cut Pro X. I also need to keep this price down.

Final Words:
I am a high school student and would like to keep this budget down. My hopes are to keep this in the $500 to $800 range if possible. If you have any advice that would be great. Please comment.
Thank you.

For the UD5H + 3770 (non K version) you are already at $500. When you add in the HDD,SSD,RAM,PSU and case you are going to be over $1000 with taxes and shipping. Add another $200-$400 for a GPU and you have broken your bank.

Since you are not going to be using the build professionally, my best advice is to go with the Budget Customac build found here: http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/search/label/CustoMac
Get the B75 + i5 3770K and use the onboard HD4000 until you can afford to get a gfx card later.

What mother board would you recommend?

P.S. Thank you for the comment

If you have the budget to increase then i would at least reserve at min a grand... but if you dont you do it the old fashion way. Upgrade slowly

Do you have a case you can get a hold of for free. most graphics cards need around a min of 500w if its a pretty high end card. ram is cheap less than 50$ usually for a decent pair of 8 gig with all the sales this season might find something around 30$.

the main things you will need is

a good power supply 650w min (dont skimp on this) 80$-150$ read reviews on these also
retail i7's usually come with a cpu cooler stock depending on what style 300$ +
motherboard depending on what route u take its gonna 100-250$
ram 50$ or less for 8 gig

things you might can salvage from other systems or friends
HDD's
CASE

later upgrades might be water cooling and what ever else you want

This might keep you in budget.. also ask some of your science teachers or anyone lol for some parts haha

Good luck

Message me if you need any help with anything

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back