Intel UHD 630 (GeForce RTX 2060)
Hi,

So, my computer specs are as follows:
Motherboard: MSI MPG Z390I Gaming Edge AC
Chipset: Intel® Z390 Chipset
CPU: Intel Core i7-9700K
Memory: Corsair 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 3000Mhz CL15
Integrated GPU: Intel UHD630
PICe GPU: Nvidia Geforce RTX 2060 (not supported in Mac OS, I know that)
Disk: SATA API, M2 Format, Kingston 120 GB (+ a separate one for Windows)
Sound (integrated): Realtek® ALC892 Codec
Network: Realtek® 8111H

I have successfully installed High Sierra (I also tried Catalina which also worked OK). The problem with both installations have been graphics. I have a RTX 2060 but I'm aware that this is not supported at all for either Catalina or High Sierra. I want to have it plugged in but I want to use my onboard graphics card (Intel UHD630).
No matter if I inject Intel, inject Nvidia or none of them I get 1280x1024 graphics with the adapter being listed as "Display 5 MB". I have some glitches in the graphics as well.

I'm dual booting Windows so I don't want to pull my nvidia card out of its slot but I am fine using only the integrated graphics (UHD630) for Mac OS. I tried "Inject Intel" in config.plist and nv_disable=1 but still no dice, it says "Display 5 MB". I'm also fine not having accelerated graphics but I want a high resolution (e.g. 2560x1440 or similar) without glitches.

I read somewhere that I may have to patch my PCI ID (?) to get the Intel graphics working but I don't know how to do that.

Can someone please help out by posting an EFI and/or instructions for "Clover Updater" so I can configure my Clover according to my needed setup. I'm new to this so any nudge in the right direction would be helpful.

I'm currently running High Sierra 10.13.6 but I'm fine with upgrading to Mojave and/or Catalina.

Last edited:
I've patched the drivers

There are no Mac drivers whatsoever for your RTX 2060.
Patching the web drivers may only give you unaccelerated graphics if anything.

Yes, I forgot to mention that I just read that before posting. I'm fine with just using my UHD630 or even using my RTX 2060 without acceleration in either High Sierra or Catalina (or Mojave for that matter). I just want high resolution (2560x1440 isch) without graphic glitches. If I could get working sound it would be great.

Yes, I forgot to mention that I just read that before posting. I'm fine with just using my UHD630 or even using my RTX 2060 without acceleration in either High Sierra or Catalina (or Mojave for that matter). I just want high resolution (2560x1440 isch) without graphic glitches. If I could get working sound it would be great.

Hi there.

What patch did you do to the Nvidia web-drivers? If you manage to get an unaccelerated VESA output through the RTX2060 you are doing well.

You will not get high resolution and no graphic glitches without a proper driver. There isn't one yet.

Perhaps the best option if you wish to keep the GPU in the system is to disable it:

... as an example. There are other threads too.

It will still then be there for Windows.

:)

Heh, that guide is a bit too advanced for me :)
I got the same graphics with or without the web driver so I'm not sure if my patching of the driver helped. I used this script to patch and install the latest non-blacklisted driver: https://github.com/Benjamin-Dobell/nvidia-update

I got the same graphics with or without the web driver so I'm not sure if my patching of the driver helped.
You're wasting your time with that.
There is no support for your hardware in those drivers no matter how much you patch them.

You're wasting your time with that.
There is no support for your hardware in those drivers no matter how much you patch them.
Ok, thank you. My question seems to been lost in this thread though.

Can anyone help me to get my setup working (using on-board graphics UHD630)? I am new to this and I would appreciate a "nudge" in the right direction by either supplying an EFI that I can build from or a relative simple way to config my EFI, e.g. suggested settings/kexts in klover configuator.

I've edited my original question to exclude all details of trying to get my nVidia card to work to avoid further confusion to that being my question.

I could be wrong, but I think the issue you're going to have is that your mobo knows that you have a graphics card installed, so it's going to use it for display when it boots either Mac or Win. So you'd have to disable the gfx card in your BIOS settings to swap from igfx to gfx card and back depending on the OS. Not to mention you'd also have to adjust your cable plug-in back and forth, as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back