Contribute
Register

First Ever Hackintosh Build For Recording Studio Rig. Will This Setup Work?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
OSX
CPU
PPC
Graphics
ATI Mobility Radeon 9200
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Motherboard: Gigabyte Intel Z68X-UD3H-B3

CPU: Intel i7 3770k

GPU: XFX ATI Radeon HD6770 PCI-E Video Card

Hard Drive: Western Digital Caviar Black 2TB

Solid State Drive: Intel 330 Series Solid State Drive 180 GB SATA 6 GB

Ram: 32 GB Corsair XMS3

Power Supply: Cooler Master 700W Power Supply

Heat Sink: Cooler Master 212 EVO

Optical: Asus 24X DVD Burner

Case: Cooler Master HAF X Full Tower

Please Let Me Know If My List Is Compatiable, oh yea i will be running on Snow Leopard or Lion, Whichever is smoother for Logic.

Does 10.6 work on Ivy Bridge?

Does 10.6 work on Ivy Bridge?

Good point :)

I'd go Mountain Lion for Ivy Bridge...

Otherwise your list looks absolutely fine (slight, very slight worry about the ASUS DVD. Check the CustoMac lists here for confirmed compatible drives).

Best of luck :)

Thanks, I'll Most Likely Change The Optical To A Sony Or Pioneer DVD Burner. I Don't Mind Going Along With 10.8 (Mountain Lion) But I've Been Reading Alot Of Reviews That The Studio Program I Want To Run Has Problems Running Smoothly On 10.8.

I dont think any SATA DVD drive will have problems on OSX. I routinly buy the el cheapo $20 model on new egg and have never been dissapointed

i had a memorex that worked with osx but it kept my computer from sleeping so yea the recomended one is cheep so might aswell get it

I'd go with the Z77x UD5h with the 3770k.

I had your mobo paired with a 3770k and it was suggested to me to switch the board to a UD5H.

Everything else looks good though. There will be some tweaking with the 6870 card in multi-beast and/or GraphicsEnabler = no but just watch some videos and read through threads with your parts to see what others did.

I'd also go with Mountain Lion for the OS. It's the easiest to get going. You just need a pre existing 10.6.6 or higher to image a bootable usb.

Good luck

Thanks, I'll Most Likely Change The Optical To A Sony Or Pioneer DVD Burner. I Don't Mind Going Along With 10.8 (Mountain Lion) But I've Been Reading Alot Of Reviews That The Studio Program I Want To Run Has Problems Running Smoothly On 10.8.

I imagine the studio software company will probably be bringing out a patch soon enough :)

I have a Pioneer DVD and it causes zero problems and is great quality but I agree with the others - most modern SATA drives should be fine. The problems I'd read about (in these forums) seemed to be to do with sleep conflicts etc (for some obscure reason).

Thanks, I'll Keep That In Mind

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back