Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
My configuration is exactly the third:
http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/search/label/CustoMac

Before and after the installation in order to boot properly, we have to enter the option: PCIRootUID=0.

1.- I've installed Lion 10.7 with Unibeast.
2.- I've installed motherboard's DSDT with Multibeast http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/search/label/CustoMac and with the checked options in Step 4.

After installing multibeats, we have to boot with the option AtiConfig=Duckweed -v, it will boot properly, then we have to change de screen resolution (at screen configuration), next step will be editing boot.plist and it will look like this:

+87+++<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>

<key>Kernel</key>
<string>mach_kernel</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>npci=0x2000</string>
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>AtiConfig</key>
<string>Duckweed</string>
<key>AtiPorts</string>
<string>4</string>
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>2</string>
<key>Legacy Logo</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GenerateCStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GeneratePStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>UseKernelCache</key>
<string>Yes</string>
</dict>
</plist>

Do not get messed with other stories... if you have this build, exactly this one, these are the only steps that will work. If you follow other instructions your dvd or ableton, etc will get crashed. I've spent hours since I finally got the solution! :banghead:

I want to add that I've just done test with cinebench and it got 46 fps's (OpenGL) and 4,90 (CPU) :thumbup:

If anyone has any question or suggestion, hit me back!!!

No idea. It has been there since the first time I edited the file. I can´t find any sense either in it.

I've just got one more doubt, after updating lion to 7,2 is it recommended to re-install Multibeast by installing DSDT again?¿?¿

D.LR said:
I've just got one more doubt, after updating lion to 7,2 is it recommended to re-install Multibeast by installing DSDT again?¿?¿
No, DSDT.aml are in /Extra and that Folder wouldn't be touched by OSX. You have to install AppleHDA Rollback in addition with System Utilities ticked in Multibeast to get audio back

Yess, i saw that the audio didn't worky, just the TC Electronic was working via fireware. So i installed the drivers again, the AppleHDA Rollback and ALC8xxHDA, and now works properly! thanks for the point anyway

Now i just have to find out if the audio via HDMI...that's another story...though i cant try it now because i havent any HDMI Screen...but,well i think it will work as the graphic card is correctly recognised.

But, anyway... as a friend says: all this matter has some dark magic...

D.LR said:
My configuration is exactly the third:
http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/search/label/CustoMac

Before and after the installation in order to boot properly, we have to enter the option: PCIRootUID=0.

1.- I've installed Lion 10.7 with Unibeast.
2.- I've installed motherboard's DSDT with Multibeast http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/search/label/CustoMac and with the checked options in Step 4.

After installing multibeats, we have to boot with the option AtiConfig=Duckweed -v, it will boot properly, then we have to change de screen resolution (at screen conLfiguration), next step will be editing boot.plist and it will look like this:

+87+++<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>

<key>Kernel</key>
<string>mach_kernel</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>npci=0x2000</string>
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>AtiConfig</key>
<string>Duckweed</string>
<key>AtiPorts</string>
<string>4</string>
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>2</string>
<key>Legacy Logo</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GenerateCStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GeneratePStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>UseKernelCache</key>
<string>Yes</string>
</dict>
</plist>

Do not get messed with other stories... if you have this build, exactly this one, these are the only steps that will work. If you follow other instructions your dvd or ableton, etc will get crashed. I've spent hours since I finally got the solution! :banghead:

I want to add that I've just done test with cinebench and it got 46 fps's (OpenGL) and 4,90 (CPU) :thumbup:

Bulrushes - 51 fps ...Same Graphics Card, Same processor. 5.16 CPU - Mild OC of CPU and ram. Benchmarks via Cinebench. Duckweed wouldnt drive twin monitors via HDMI and DVI on that graphics card for me but Bulrushes does.

If you are using a DSDT via MB 4.1 or higher you shouldn't put Pstates and Cstates in your org.chameleon.boot.plist as they are uneccessary as per the documentation and may cause sleep probs. But glad you found a working solution for yourself. It's all part of the rich tapestry of Hackintoshing as is keeping an open mind regarding alternative solutions to various issues: there's more than one way to make a lion bald!

Yeah man, hahaha, i read some of your posts before testing...and i tried several times the Bulrushes frame but it didn't work for me...but i think it might have been trying in the wrong way.

I've tried booting from AtiConfig=Bulrushes -v, because i tried Duckweed and it worked, so i decided not to touch it anymore :eek: , but anyway, i'll try it again...as i know now what i'll be touching and why.

Indeed, im interested in having HDMI working properly because i have to add one more monitor. So, let's see!!!
Thanks for your suggestion on the framebuffer. :thumbup:

You are right about thePstates and Cstates, the computer turned on 'sleep' and it took a long minute in coming back, i felt it was something weird going on.

I'll try to erase them, thanks again!!!!

I just got dual displays working today with the same card. Im using duckweed, I couldn't get Bulrushes to work either.

first post wooohooo :thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back