Contribute
Register

(FINALLY SOLVED) Thinkpad T480s - MacOS13.5.1 - OC 0.9.4. - 2 ACPI Errors

Should extract the kext and lust load it?
I'm just using the VoodooSMBus.kext which is provied with the release and don't load the VoodooRMI.kext at all since the VoodooRMI kext was made for synaptic touchpads and ours is an elan as far as i know.

I ordered a BCM94360NG before reading about all these

Do you regret your purchase because of the sonoma compatibility problem? There are already beta patches of the open core legacy patcher to make broadcom cards work under sonoma, so I think this is just a matter of time. Since I'm heavely using Airdrop, Handoff/Continious Mode and Personal Hotspot of my iPhone an Intel Card doesnt make sense for me.

I think I will order the same card like you did and keep Ventura until there are some Broadcom patches to make the cards fully supported again.

Also I'm planing to change the display to an 500nits WQHD version of the x1c6 - already ordered that, but still waiting for the China-EU delivery. And in the end I also wanted to change the trackpad towards the x1 yoga 3rd glass trackpad everybody is fancy about... But didn't order this till now.

I have already ordered the sane trackpad!
I am also thinking of changing the display, but lean towards the low power one of the t490.

I loaded VoodooSMBus.kext and testing it right now. The problem is gone ... but I don' t like the spikes in CPU usage that i am seeing right now. I will further test and determine the cause.

Regarding the wifi issue, I have read that there is alreasy a working patch. But I don' like to have SIP and Secureboot disabled. We will see how that goes and what services work.

I always delay installing new versions of MacOS even on my Apple Machines.

I just installed the BCM94360NG!!!
Everything works OTB in Ventura 13.5.2!!!

Airdrop, continuity, extended display to iPad!!!

But the most important thing is power consumption!!!

For the first time in all my hackintosh years and tries, power consumption at idle in PKG is bellow 1 watt!!! Its around 0.64-0,70 watts!!!

With screen at half brightness and BT off the battery is discharging with 4,3 Watts on idle!!!!!!!!

Did you already get the yoga trackpad? Is it worth the money?
My 500nits display arrived but I still have to wait for the 40 pin edp cable. Also I will order your wifi card because of the lower power consumption and native integration.

It haven't arrived yet.
So far wifi works better than expected.
There are however two major questions:
1. What will happen with sonoma compatibility (without out disabling SIP and AMFI)
2. Take a look at the screenshot.
Why only NSS:1?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-09-23 at 11.11.49.png
    Screenshot 2023-09-23 at 11.11.49.png
    444.5 KB · Views: 37
1. At the moment I don't care so much about the sonoma compatiblity. didn't see so many new features which would make me upgrade and security upgrades will be there for ventura for some time i think.

2. Do you only have one stream with every wifi? At the moment I'm using the dw1820a which is working "okay". Connected to my iPhone at the moment which is sitting next to the thinkpad and it shows NSS: 2.

I also have the dw1820a in the two other hackintoshes and they work "okay" (with higher power draw).
I only get NSS:1 with this card and this t480s

Hm. Yeah, I just read some posts on github. Seems like a lot of people face this issue with the card and there is no solution for this..

One could try to add the BCM94360CS2 but I don't like that the bottom cover doesnt fit perfectly...

IMG_2512.png

I'm still facing hibernation issues and I don't know why the accure. I think it is related to the power management. I feels like the device is not sending to hibernate early enough and then it just has no battery power anymore and shuts down. Are you able to test this? I'm using "hibernatemode 3". I already installed everything from scratch since I've build in a WD 970 Evo Plus drive.

Since I'm on the run a lot it is quite normal for me that I run into low battery but it would be quite important that I don't loose any data which isn't saved properly in these situations..

upload your EFI

Back