Contribute
Register

(FINALLY SOLVED) Thinkpad T480s - MacOS13.5.1 - OC 0.9.4. - 2 ACPI Errors

Thank you for your help!

(To avoid CMOS errors and blackscreen after hibernatemode 25 there are patches in NVRAM Add and Delete and UEFI -> ReservedMemory -> 1)

Remakes:
It is possible to enable hibernatemode 25 and then the mac hibernates when activating sleep, but hibernatemode 25 is too slow in case of waking up for me (My mac sleep/wakes around 5-10 times a day). It feels like the mac is kind of surprised that the battery is REALLY empty and has no possibility to activate real sleep/hibernation in that case. I think it is similiar to this problem with the x1c6: https://github.com/tylernguyen/x1c6-hackintosh/issues/126

pmset -g looks like this:

Code:
Currently in use:
 lidwake              1
 lowpowermode         0
 standbydelayhigh     86400
 standbydelaylow      10800
 standby              1
 proximitywake        0
 ttyskeepawake        0
 hibernatemode        3
 powernap             0
 gpuswitch            2
 hibernatefile        /var/vm/sleepimage
 highstandbythreshold 50
 displaysleep         10
 womp                 1
 networkoversleep     0
 sleep                1 (sleep prevented by sharingd)
 tcpkeepalive         0
 halfdim              1
 acwake               0
 disksleep            10

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    35.5 MB · Views: 55
Okay, funny thing. I think I've found a solution. I had to add boot-args or NVRAM values for the HibernationFixup.kext. I've added the boot-args hbfx-ahbm=545 as NVRAM option: E09B9297-7928-4440-9AAB-D1F8536FBF0A -> hbfx-ahbm (number): 545.

545 stands for:
EnableAutoHibernation = 1
WhenBatteryAtCriticalLevel = 1
RemainCapacityBit2 = 512

Like this AutoHibernation was activated now, when battery is on critical level RemainCapacityBit2 = 512 (2 percent). When the battery is charged with 11% like at the moment, the device is going to normal sleep.

My BCM94360NG arrived today and I also only get NSS: 1 and around 100mbit out of my 300mbit downstream connection. Since this is not acceptable in my situation I've added the DW1820A again. Since there are some posts from people who have NSS: 2 with the BCM94360NG I could imagine that this is because we both (and all the other people) are buying reeeaaally cheap "fakes" of this card. There was even no MAC Address printed on the card, on the backside there is no serial number of revision and the mac address which is displayed in macOS belongs to Apple Inc. which isn't right. I could imagine that there are BCM94360NG cards which are working. Now I will just put it into my Hack-Mini, since I only need Bluetooth, Airdrop, Handoff and so on there and no wifi.

@hasodikis, In your EFI you disabled AppleCpuPmCfgLock and AppleXcpmCfgLock.
Shouldn't these values only be deactivated when you can disable CFG Lock in your BIOS?

I'm thinking about modding the BIOS to, at least, disable CFG Lock and get the native power management. Or is using the SSDTs enough and disabling CFG Lock wouldn't do anything? Didn't focus so much on this, but I'm trying to lower the power consumption a little bit more.

Edit: Okay at least on BIOS 1.54 the described method to change the BIOS is not working anymore. It looks like Lenovo locked that bit in the UEFI BIOS, so I cannot write the value. There is an error all the time. :(

Eidt2: Ordered a UEFI flasher from Amazon and will try some modding. :D Hopefully, I can get under 10W after this, while having Firefox, Onedrive, Word and some more helper tools open. Perhaps I just have too much apps open... At least I can get rid of voltageshift after that and disable the CFG Lock completely.

Last edited:
Back