Contribute
Register

(FINALLY SOLVED) Thinkpad T480s - MacOS13.5.1 - OC 0.9.4. - 2 ACPI Errors

Are you able to control the fan without yogasmc? (Would be nice to find a way to control the fan with an app like Macs fan control. this is not possible with yogasmc)

Last edited:
Are you able to control the fan without yogasmc? (Would be nice to find a way to control the fan with an app like Macs fan control. this is not possible with yogasmc)
There is no way to control the fan speed without YogaSMC.

My kind of usage however (document editing and light browsing with an occasional video) doesn't require fan speed control. Most of the time fan is off.

If you use my EFI be advised that the CPUFriend kext is for my i7 cpu and that I use voltageshift to undervolt the CPU-GPU-CPU cache (I have also turned turbo off).

I dont know what else to do to reduce power consumption. Although its the best results in comparison to my other hacks (T460 and Ideapad s540-14iwl) it still lucks behind the 0,7 watts of Tyler's and Benbender' s setups. Ofcourse their cases have a modded BIOS and Bios undervolting ... still.....

The error with benbender's SSDT-INIT.aml is definitely due to a conflict the DSDT.

dimitriosmoustakas@192 patches % ./iasl-stable -e DSDT.aml -d SSDT-INIT.aml

Intel ACPI Component Architecture

ASL+ Optimizing Compiler/Disassembler version 20200925

Copyright (c) 2000 - 2020 Intel Corporation

File appears to be binary: found 60 non-ASCII characters, disassembling

Binary file appears to be a valid ACPI table, disassembling

Input file SSDT-INIT.aml, Length 0xFF (255) bytes

ACPI: SSDT 0x0000000000000000 0000FF (v02 tyler _INIT 00001000 INTL 20200925)

External object resolution file DSDT.aml

Input file DSDT.aml, Length 0x22090 (139408) bytes

ACPI: DSDT 0x0000000000000000 022090 (v02 LENOVO SKL 00000000 INTL 20160527)

Pass 1 parse of [DSDT]

Pass 2 parse of [DSDT]

Pass 1 parse of [SSDT]

Firmware Error (ACPI): Failure creating named object [\_SB.PCI0.OINI], AE_ALREADY_EXISTS (20200925/dswload-495)

ACPI Error: AE_ALREADY_EXISTS, During name lookup/catalog (20200925/psobject-372)

Could not parse ACPI tables, AE_ALREADY_EXISTS

I think I found it!!!!!!!!!!
(but I cannot test it now)

The problem must be with the renaming patch OINI to ZINI
The patch they provide finds 14471A4F 494E49 and replaces it with 14471A5A 494E49.
However 14471A5A 494E49 in HEX is GOINI in ASCII.
And 14471A5A 494E49 in HEX id GZINI in ASCII.

For OINI it should be 4F 49 4E 49
and for ZINI it should be 5A 49 4E 49

I cannot test it yet, but if this is the answer ...... i think I lost numerous hours!!!!!!!!!

EDIT:
SUCCESSSSSS!!!!!!

The damned patch was wrong.
The correct attributes are:
Find 4F 49 4E 49
Replace 5A 49 4E 49

Last edited:
Nice good job!!!

There is no way to control the fan speed without YogaSMC.

So it would make more sense to use YogaSMC in my case than the patched SSDT-INIT, since the kext and the SSDT would work against each other?

Is there any way to control the thermal management when using the SSDT? With YogaSMC it's possible to make changes towards the DYCT:

Edit:
Funny fact on my side: Keyboard Backlight is turning on always when you press a key... Also when I turn it off, it turns on again when pressing any key. Can't remeber, that it was like that the last days :D

Attachments

• Bildschirmfoto 2023-09-11 um 15.11.43.png
    Bildschirmfoto 2023-09-11 um 15.11.43.png
    13.3 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:
Nice good job!!!

So it would make more sense to use YogaSMC in my case than the patched SSDT-INIT, since the kext and the SSDT would work against each other?

Is there any way to control the thermal management when using the SSDT? With YogaSMC it's possible to make changes towards the DYCT:

Edit:
Funny fact on my side: Keyboard Backlight is turning on always when you press a key... Also when I turn it off, it turns on again when pressing any key. Can't remeber, that it was like that the last days :D
1. It's my understanding that Tyler uses YogaSMC. I don' t think it will create conflicts. Try it.
2. The backlight happens with my EFI? It doesn ' t happen to my T480S...

1. It's my understanding that Tyler uses YogaSMC. I don' t think it will create conflicts. Try it.
2. The backlight happens with my EFI? It doesn ' t happen to my T480S...
1. Yepp. YogaSMC is working together with your init and the patch.
2. Backlight was a default setting in yogasmc preferences (timeout: -1).

Looks like everything is working. I also managed to make hibernationmode 25 working without CMOS errors when booting. Wasnt able to test hibernatemode 3 but I think it should work aswell.

That is excellent news.

Upload your configuration for hibernation (or a guide).

Last thing to do is use VoodooRMI to correct this terrible drag issue of the touchpad. That should be easy .. but all this mess with the ACPI errors have made me seek with OC configurations. So I will wait for the new wifi card to come and takle this problems together.

Last thing to do is use VoodooRMI to correct this terrible drag issue of the touchpad.

To strip it down you can just use the VoodooSMBus.kext from VoodooRMI. You don't need the other parts.
Curious how the wifi card is working. I'm still thinking about the original apple one, but I think it will be hard to fit since its a little bit longer.

To strip it down you can just use the VoodooSMBus.kext from VoodooRMI. You don't need the other parts.
Curious how the wifi card is working. I'm still thinking about the original apple one, but I think it will be hard to fit since its a little bit longer.
An original apple will not fit.
With the uncertainty about Sonoma and broadcom wireless, I am afraid that the only viable option for the last few years left for hackintosh will be intel wireless cards.

In my stupidity....... I ordered a BCM94360NG before reading about all these... It will be delivered tomorrow.... :clap:

Should extract the kext and lust load it?

Back