Contribute
Register

Final Cut X crash with R9 280X

Status
Not open for further replies.
how do i know my video card is working in final cut x?right now im exporting a 4 hours 1080p project and its already almost 3 hours since i start rendering this FCX project.

Last edited:
Clover settings for me is :
  • IGPU (intel hd) must be GFX@2 (GFX@1) (rename patch GFX>IGPU disable)
  • Injection of intel card is NO
FCPX not crashing with this settings , but we have Ghost monitor...

i cant find these options on Clover "IGPU (intel hd) must be GFX@2 (GFX@1) (rename patch GFX>IGPU disable)

today i try to run the BruceX test but FCX freezes and i have to reboot my system,i took a screnshoot from Clover Graphics Injection,is there any setting that i need to do in the Clover Configurator?....

edit!here are some screenshoots from Clover Configurator

1.png 2.png IMG_0492.JPG

Last edited:
on Clover Configurator i had to do this...

In Clover, you have to set:
- FakeID / ATI = full ID (here: 0x67981002)
- Inject / ATI = true
- FBName = framebuffer name (here:Hamachi [enter some random garbage in case you don’t want to use a framebuffer, the driver will default to RadeonFramebuffer])
- FixDisplay = true

on Library/Extensions i dont see any Keyt for AMD,i need to have that Keyt on the L/E Folder?

FCX still freezes when i do the BruceX test.

ok this is the System Information details from the video card..

AMD Radeon HD 7970X/8970/R9 280X:

Chipset Model: AMD Radeon HD 7970X/8970/R9 280X
Type: GPU
Bus: PCIe
Slot: PCI Slot 0
PCIe Lane Width: x8
VRAM (Total): 3072 MB
Vendor: ATI (0x1002)
Device ID: 0x6798
Revision ID: 0x0000
EFI Driver Version: 01.00.3180
Displays:
T27B350:
Resolution: 1920 x 1080 @ 60Hz (1080p)
Pixel Depth: 30-Bit Color (ARGB2101010)
Main Display: Yes
Mirror: Off
Online: Yes
Rotation: Supported
Television: Yes

this informacion means my video card its working fine?

Last edited:
hello can somebody help here?

to which port is your display connected? AMD or Intel. Always run fcpx on screen connected to AMD card.

Also some users reported they have to disable Intel injection and run only 280x

What kind of 280x you have? Did you run any other benchmark and was it working as it should? Wasnt your card working without all the additional injection in Clover?

When i was running 280x with clover in El Capitan, it was working OOB, i didnt have to touch any kind of injection or modify anything for system to run. CLEAN. No inject ATi, no fakeid, no special framebuffer, no fix display.

Just install with intel igpu, when finished installing and setting up than plug in AMD, bios boot to PEG (amd card) and boot, thats it

ps: btw your clover screenshot shows you dont have injected ATI, so your info is very confusing :)

to which port is your display connected? AMD or Intel. Always run fcpx on screen connected to AMD card.

Also some users reported they have to disable Intel injection and run only 280x

What kind of 280x you have? Did you run any other benchmark and was it working as it should? Wasnt your card working without all the additional injection in Clover?

When i was running 280x with clover in El Capitan, it was working OOB, i didnt have to touch any kind of injection or modify anything for system to run. CLEAN. No inject ATi, no fakeid, no special framebuffer, no fix display.

Just install with intel igpu, when finished installing and setting up than plug in AMD, bios boot to PEG (amd card) and boot, thats it

ps: btw your clover screenshot shows you dont have injected ATI, so your info is very confusing :)

i connect my monitor to HDMI port of the AMD video card

already disabled intel injection

im using this GPU Sapphire Radeon R9 280X 3GB GDDR5 DVI-I/DVI-D/HDMI/DP Dual-X AMD PCI Express x16
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
NOTE:
In Clover, i have to set:
- FakeID / ATI = full ID (here: 0x67981002)
- Inject / ATI = true
- FBName = framebuffer name (here:Hamachi [enter some random garbage in case you don’t want to use a framebuffer, the driver will default to RadeonFramebuffer])
- FixDisplay = true

on Library/Extensions i dont see any Keyt for AMD,i need to have that Keyt on the L/E Folder?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
this is the System Information details from the video card..

AMD Radeon HD 7970X/8970/R9 280X:

Chipset Model: AMD Radeon HD 7970X/8970/R9 280X
Type: GPU
Bus: PCIe
Slot: PCI Slot 0
PCIe Lane Width: x8
VRAM (Total): 3072 MB
Vendor: ATI (0x1002)
Device ID: 0x6798
Revision ID: 0x0000
EFI Driver Version: 01.00.3180
Displays:
T27B350:
Resolution: 1920 x 1080 @ 60Hz (1080p)
Pixel Depth: 30-Bit Color (ARGB2101010)
Main Display: Yes
Mirror: Off
Online: Yes
Rotation: Supported
Television: Yes

this informacion means my video card its working fine?

This information means your card is recognised fine, not working fine. You got benchmarks to verify your card works fine. Luxmark, Unigine Valley, BruceX and compare to other ppl on this site.

As i said once before, for 280x you shouldnt do any injecting etc unless there is a problem. Did your card not work before? Did you really have to inject all that stuff?

Im not that good in clover so i cant tell you all you did is right. All my experience is as i stated before, install and setup with intel, plug 280x in without injecting anything considering gpu and displays, boot.

wonder why your PCIe Lane Width: x8, do you have something in your other PCIe Lane?

This information means your card is recognised fine, not working fine. You got benchmarks to verify your card works fine. Luxmark, Unigine Valley, BruceX and compare to other ppl on this site.

As i said once before, for 280x you shouldnt do any injecting etc unless there is a problem. Did your card not work before? Did you really have to inject all that stuff?

Im not that good in clover so i cant tell you all you did is right. All my experience is as i stated before, install and setup with intel, plug 280x in without injecting anything considering gpu and displays, boot.

wonder why your PCIe Lane Width: x8, do you have something in your other PCIe Lane?

im just returning the video card!!! i installed the video card in the x8 PCIe Lane jajaja my mistake.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back