Contribute
Register

Fenvi T919 WiFi/Bluetooth card on a Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Xtreme

Status
Not open for further replies.
@UtterDisbelief I am still waiting on my Fenvi T919 replacement to see if mine is defective, but in the meantime I've received the ASUS USB-BT400 bluetooth dongle.
I unplugged the bluetooth cable from the Fenvi card to the motherboard header, and then plugged in the ASUS dongle.
No bluetooth out of the box, but do you know if I need to addd some bluetooth kext to have this thing work?

Hi there.

You need to check to see if it appears in System Report at all. Also run IORegistryExplorer and search for "20702".

If there is nothing then the problem is likely the USB port. Do you run Windows and if so does it show up there? Etc.

Check another device like a USB memory stick, in the same USB port to test if it is recognised.

:)

Hi there.

You need to check to see if it appears in System Report at all. Also run IORegistryExplorer and search for "20702".

If there is nothing then the problem is likely the USB port. Do you run Windows and if so does it show up there? Etc.

Check another device like a USB memory stick, in the same USB port to test if it is recognised.

:)
Hi! Thanks for those tips. I think maybe it was the USB port just not playing nicely with it.
Yesterday I connected my OWC Thunderbolt 3 Dock to one of the TB3 ports on the back, actually first trying to see if I could find an audio workaround since my audio ports aren't working. That fixed the audio issue, but low and behold, it also works well with the ASUS bluetooth USB dongle! I plug that little thing into the front USB port on the dock, and bluetooth, (for the first time ever on this hackintosh) works reliably, 100%. I even have 2.4GHz WiFi still enabled on my router that sits right above my workstation, but the bluetooth keyboard and mouse are working perfectly now that this USB bluetooth dongle is plugged into the dock.

My Fenvi replacement card will get delivered later today, so I'm still going to swap that out and see if it works any better with bluetooth than my original did, but if not, at least this ASUS BT-400 thing is working for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back