Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> Fenvi T919/HB1200 and Asus ROG Strix Z390-E Gaming Sleep Wake failure

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus ROG Strix Z790-H Gaming WiFi
CPU
i5-13600K
Graphics
RX 6800 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello,
I have a hackintosh with following config:
Asus ROG Strix Z390-E Gaming
Intel i7 9700k
16 RAM Corsair (8x2)
IGPU.
Big Sur 11.1
OpenCore 0.6.4
USB Port map ok, usb for Bluetooth set to internal.
Everything works ok so I decided to buy a Fenvi T919 for airdrop.

My problem :

Airdrop, continuity etc work great except sleep.
Each time my hackintosh go to sleep I can't wake him anymore. If I press a keyboard key nothing happens. If i press power button the fans wake-up but no signal at all. The reset button also not working at this stage.
I have to hold down the power button until power turns off, reset the bios and after that i'm good to go.
I also tried to disconnect fenvi bluetooth usb cable from the motherboard and to use a bluetooth usb dongle and I had exactly the same result, sleep wake failure.
If i disconnect bluetooth cable or bluetooth dongle an I keep fenvi card on pci slot sleep is working well, also if i remove fenvi card from pci slot and keep bluetooth usb dongle connected sleep works well.

I sold my T919 and i bought HB1200 but unfortunately I have exactly the same problem.

Hello,
Intel i7 9700k
16 RAM Corsair (8x2)
IGPU.
Big Sur 11.1
OpenCore 0.6.4

My problem :

Each time my hackintosh go to sleep I can't wake him anymore. If I press a keyboard key nothing happens. If i press power button the fans wake-up but no signal at all. The reset button also not working at this stage.
I have to hold down the power button until power turns off, reset the bios and after that i'm good to go.
I also tried to disconnect fenvi bluetooth usb cable from the motherboard and to use a bluetooth usb dongle and I had exactly the same result, sleep wake failure.
If i disconnect bluetooth cable or bluetooth dongle an I keep fenvi card on pci slot sleep is working well, also if i remove fenvi card from pci slot and keep bluetooth usb dongle connected sleep works well.

I sold my T919 and i bought HB1200 but unfortunately I have exactly the same problem.
Hi there.

From your description it still sounds as though there might be a problem with your USB port configuration.

Perhaps upload your EFI folder, or at least the config.plist and USB port map kext/aml.

:)

EFI folder :thumbup:

Attachments

• Folder.zip
    2.8 MB · Views: 94
EFI folder :thumbup:

Okay :thumbup:

Quite a lot going on here. Your USBPorts.kext has defined 3x USB-C ports - SS04, SS05 and SS06. The Asus specs only 1x. Not sure why those are there, or why one of them is Switchable but the others aren't.

You have defined 10x USB 3.0 ports but your motherboard has only 9x max (Yes, a Z390 can have 10x but Asus do not appear to have implemented that).

It is unusual to define many more SS ports than HS ports. The Z390 actually has 14x USB2 ports and 10x USB3.

Next -

Of the 4x SSDTs you have in the ACPI/patched folder two are not readable by MaciASL - SSDT-EC-USBX and SSDT-PMC. The other two are riddled with errors:

1a.jpg

2a.jpg

I can see you have downloaded a lot of stuff from Dortania. Perhaps double-check what you actually need and any files you have for corruption.

If you sort these problems out then you will probably find power-management works again and your USB ports behave.

USB 3.0 and USB C they are tied together.
Back USB C port it is Switchable but front panel USB C is not so is acting as 2 ports, that's why I have an extra USB 3.0.

It is unusual to define many more SS ports than HS ports. The Z390 actually has 14x USB2 ports and 10x USB3.
I'd rather have more SS ports than HS so I disabled most HS ports.

I will try to fix SSDTs and I will come back with the results.

LE: All SSDTs are ok now but same problem.:banghead:

Attachments

• Folder.zip
    6.4 MB · Views: 67
Last edited:
Hi there.

From your description it still sounds as though there might be a problem with your USB port configuration.

Perhaps upload your EFI folder, or at least the config.plist and USB port map kext/aml.

Hello,
Intel i7 9700k
16 RAM Corsair (8x2)
IGPU.
Big Sur 11.1
OpenCore 0.6.4

My problem :

I'm not an expert, but I can tell you what I did to solve my BT problem with the Fenvi T-919. When I first installed the card, the wireless worked great, but not the bluetooth. Then I realized that I had mapped my USB ports and I suspected that the onboard USB port where I plugged in the wire from the Fenvi card might be dead. At that time I was using the broadcom kexts:
AirportBrcmFixup.kext
BrcmBluetoothInjector.kext
BrcmFirmwareData.kext
BrcmPatchRAM3.kext
Looking around for a solution other than remapping my USB ports (which I will do anyway soon), I found 2 kexts that add support for intel wireless/BT cards:
IntelBluetoothFirmware.kext
IntelBluetoothInjector.kext

After removing the broadcom kexts I added the intel kexts and now wireless/BT work great, as does sleep/wake and airdrop. I suspect that when I remap my USB ports the broadcom kexts might work.

Unfortunately it doesn't work for me. It's weird that an intel kext worked for you with a Broadcom card. For me everything works perfectly without any kext except wake from sleep.

LE: The problem was solved, I returned Fenvi HB1200 to amazon and I bought instead tp-link Archer T6E.
I am using Archer T6E with AirportBrcmFixup.kext and a old CSR8510 A10 bluetooth dongle which I already had.

Everything works perfectly: Sleep/wake, AirDrop,Handoff.

Thanks to everyone who tried to help me. :headbang:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back