Contribute
Register

Fenvi T919 and Broadcom wifi back in Sonoma with OCLP

which antennas are you using, same as djbuddha?
Using the ones that came with the Fenvi T-919 now using one that I had laying around that came with the Gigabyte Z390 Pro WIFI only because I can mount it above the desktop oppose to the back of the Machine.

Haven't notice any big difference in reception even though the router is in a different room but no drop in performance. Actually what I'm using is not too far from the ones @djbuddha is using.

I decided to take the plunge and try OCLP with my Laptop which has a Dell DW1560. It all went pretty smooth and painlessly. So far everything seems to be working fine and running stable.

1. Update to Sonoma.
  2. Open config.plist.
  3. Disable SIP and SecureBootModel.
  4. Add three kexts and block one.
  5. Reboot and clear NVRAM.
  6. Launch OCLP and apply patch.
  7. Reboot.
  8. Done.

FYI, here's how I have my Wi-Fi related kexts ordered:
Screenshot 2023-10-04 at 3.15.54 PM.png

I decided to take the plunge and try OCLP with my Laptop which has a Dell DW1560. It all went pretty smooth and painlessly. So far everything seems to be working fine and running stable.

1. Update to Sonoma.
  2. Open config.plist.
  3. Disable SIP and SecureBootModel.
  4. Add three kexts and block one.
  5. Reboot and clear NVRAM.
  6. Launch OCLP and apply patch.
  7. Reboot.
  8. Done.

FYI, here's how I have my Wi-Fi related kexts ordered:
View attachment 572514
What chipset is the Dell DW1560? Broadcom?

I see that you're using the AirportBrcmFixup.kext and its plugin. Any reason why?

I might consider these, currently using the one that came with my motherboard. Are you able to airdrop something from iPhone to Hack and vice versa without being super close to the antenna?

Yeah it works great. I’ve airdropped from across the room and it’s fine. Obviously the closer you are, the better speed you’ll get. But in terms of airdrop actually activating, these have been fantastic for years now.

Just ordered some like @djbuddha but a newer generation. I cannot airdrop unless I'm like 1 meter from the hack (3.something ft), so from across the room...:lol: Can't wait to see if this improve things
iOS 17.1, currently in beta, is supposed to support AirDrop over cellular (in addition to WiFi). I wonder if it will still work when your hack is not connected to WiFi (but via an Ethernet connection).

What chipset is the Dell DW1560? Broadcom?

I see that you're using the AirportBrcmFixup.kext and its plugin. Any reason why?

The DW1560 is BCM94352. Very commonly used in hackintosh laptops.

The DW1560 requires AirportBrcmFixup and BrcmPatchRAM to work correctly in macOS.

iOS 17.1, currently in beta, is supposed to support AirDrop over cellular (in addition to WiFi). I wonder if it will still work when your hack is not connected to WiFi (but via an Ethernet connection).
I think it still wants wifi to create the initial airdrop connection. So if you kill wifi mid-transfer on the hack, I wonder if it will pick up the rest over Ethernet. That’d be super cool (and probably way faster for larger files depending on how far your phone is from the router)

I don't see why cleaning NvRAM would alter your RGB lights setup. There has to be another reason, I know some Motherboards has a setting in the BIOS to alter how the RGB operates.

For example on my old Gigabyte Z390 you could have the lights go off in Sleep Mode and come back on in Wake.
On my current MSI Z490 this setting is also there.

I would advise to have a look again in the BIOS for the problem, in my Board the operation is under an obscure name and Menu, the only clue was the mention of RGB blah, blah, blah.
Update: Verified that my LED lights & fans stay on after shutdown only when I boot into Sonoma using an EFI folder modified for the Fenvi fix. If I remove root patch and boot into Sonoma using my previous EFI folder (the same one I used with Ventura), naturally I lose wifi again, but upon shutdown my LED lights & fans go off like they always have.

FWIW, they also go completely off when I boot into Windows and shut down from there.

This indicates to me there's nothing wrong with my BIOS settings. Whatever's keeping my LEDs and fans on after shutdown is definitely related to the Fenvi fix... one of the kexts, maybe, or possibly SIP being disabled. This problem is possibly restricted to my ROG Maximus mobo, since I don't see my problem reported from any others here who have successfully gone the OCLP route.

Update: Verified that my LED lights & fans stay on after shutdown only when I boot into Sonoma using an EFI folder modified for the Fenvi fix. If I remove root patch and boot into Sonoma using my previous EFI folder (the same one I used with Ventura), naturally I lose wifi again, but upon shutdown my LED lights & fans go off like they always have.

FWIW, they also go completely off when I boot into Windows and shut down from there.

This indicates to me there's nothing wrong with my BIOS settings. Whatever's keeping my LEDs and fans on after shutdown is definitely related to the Fenvi fix... one of the kexts, maybe, or possibly SIP being disabled. This problem is possibly restricted to my ROG Maximus mobo, since I don't see my problem reported from any others here who have successfully gone the OCLP route.
I suggest you check your USBmapping since if the LED lights port is activated it may be affected by USB behavior in macos

I suggest you check your USBmapping since if the LED lights port is activated it may be affected by USB behavior in macos
So you're saying my USBmapping can be affected by the Fenvi fix? Because my USBmapping is fine under Sonoma… no problem with the lights port when my while my Fenvi is unsupported… only after I do the Fenvi fix.

Back