Contribute
Register

FCPX extreme bad results - ATI driver issue?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Hackintosh Community,

one year ago I bought an macbook 2015 (for traveling). Sometimes I also work with final cut pro x and my problem was that the macbook don't have enough power to handle complex projects. (1,2Ghz Intel Core M - 500GB - Intel 5300 Graphics).

Thats why I decided to take my old Desktop PC and turn it into an Hackintosh.
Core i3 3,39Ghz (3rd Gen), ATI HD 6870 normally that core and graphics card should have a slightly improvement vs the macbook. Right? .. No, it wasn't.

I Tried it a few times and I added on booth Computers the same files but the macbook is always 2-3 times faster then my Hackintosh. 0.44 Minutes on Macbook 2015 and same file on hacki 2:00Minutes.
I don't really understand why I have such an bad result.

Any experiences why my stronger CPU and old but also more performance ATI Card is so hard struggling?
(Userbenchmarks - HD 5500 vs HD 6850 - +173% more performance for the ATI Card).

I am not sure what I did wrong? Any ideas? Is the card not supported by FCPX (newest)? What did I wrong.

Last edited:
So after many benchmarks which told me that my I3 with HD 6850 is 2-3 times faster I found the solution.
Newer iMacs and MacBooks with Intel Graphics support "Quick Sync" which f.e. boost up H264 codec time. Thats why low performance Macs can outperform in some cases ati/nvidia.
I don't know why no one else wrote that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back