Contribute
Register

FCPX and After Effects build, advice please!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Custom Built
CPU
AMD Phenom
Graphics
Nvidia GeForce 9500
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey all!

Ok, so this is my first post, I have finally decided(I think) to try a Hackintosh machine. I will summarize why and what I need, then I will follow up with more detail for those interested.

Summary:

I need a Hackintosh because I am a film major and I need to edit videos and learn Final Cut Pro, and we all know we need a Mac to do that. I would also like to learn After Effects and Photoshop as well. I may also edit with Premiere Pro at times. These will be the 4 programs I will need the computer to edit efficiently. I will be editing 1080p video from my iPhone 5 and my Canon T3i DSLR. I only need this machine to get me past these next two years at which point I will be finished school and look into getting a new machine, maybe a Retina Display Laptop.

More specifics:

I want something that will be able to work with these programs with no hiccups, but I don't want to spend more than 800 or 900 max. I would like bluetooth built in so I can use wireless bluetooth mouse and keyboards. I would like to hook this up to my 47inch 1080P TV and have it display a nice crisp image. I would like to have a small case, or if not a mini ATX, at least a case that has a handle on the top. I like the idea of portability a handle gives a machine. I want 16GB of RAM, and a Nvidia graphics card that is capable of using the Mecury Playback Engine in Adobe programs.

Edit: I would also like to dual boot between this and Windows 7 which will be on two separate hard drives ideally. Also, my main goal is to keep the budget down as low as possible, anything will be an upgrade for me over my current desktop which is 4 years old. I am ok with an i5 quad core say, over the i7 as long as the performance hit is not too severe.

Any suggestions, thoughts or comments are greatly appreciated it!

Sean

Hey all!

Ok, so this is my first post, I have finally decided(I think) to try a Hackintosh machine. I will summarize why and what I need, then I will follow up with more detail for those interested.

Summary:

I need a Hackintosh because I am a film major and I need to edit videos and learn Final Cut Pro, and we all know we need a Mac to do that. I would also like to learn After Effects and Photoshop as well. I may also edit with Premiere Pro at times. These will be the 4 programs I will need the computer to edit efficiently. I will be editing 1080p video from my iPhone 5 and my Canon T3i DSLR. I only need this machine to get me past these next two years at which point I will be finished school and look into getting a new machine, maybe a Retina Display Laptop.

More specifics:

I want something that will be able to work with these programs with no hiccups, but I don't want to spend more than 800 or 900 max. I would like bluetooth built in so I can use wireless bluetooth mouse and keyboards. I would like to hook this up to my 47inch 1080P TV and have it display a nice crisp image. I would like to have a small case, or if not a mini ATX, at least a case that has a handle on the top. I like the idea of portability a handle gives a machine. I want 16GB of RAM, and a Nvidia graphics card that is capable of using the Mecury Playback Engine in Adobe programs.

Edit: I would also like to dual boot between this and Windows 7 which will be on two separate hard drives ideally. Also, my main goal is to keep the budget down as low as possible, anything will be an upgrade for me over my current desktop which is 4 years old. I am ok with an i5 quad core say, over the i7 as long as the performance hit is not too severe.

Any suggestions, thoughts or comments are greatly appreciated it!

Sean
Lian Li PC-TU200 case + any of the ITX boards you will find in builds in User Builds forum
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811112348&Tpk=pc%3dtu200
See http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-...uide-asus-p8z77-i-i5-3570k-mountain-lion.html for an install guide for the ASUS ITX
here is a parts list of my build:
Parts:
Lian Li PC-TU200
ASUS P8Z77-I Mini-ITX
Intel Core i5 3570K
Corsair 16Gb (2x8Gb) low profile XMS - CMX16GX3M2A1600C11 KIT
Noctua NH-L12
Pioneer BDR-207DBK
SILVERSTONE ST45SF-G 450W SFX12V 80 PLUS GOLD Certified Full Modular Active PFC Power Supply
(shortest I could find to fit –Lian Li wasn’t kidding about that 140mm max length)
Samsung 830 Series 128 Gb SSD SATA III 6Gb/s
WD IcePack Storage bay adapter/heatsink ( http://www.amazon.com/WDSL00S-IcePack-Drive-Mounting-Heatsink/dp/B008L5TQIS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1354555596&sr=8-1&keywords=wd+ice+pack )
2 Samsung 1Tb Spinpoint Model HD103SJ Rev. A

Noctua has since come out with a heat sink that takes up the same space as the stock cpu cooler/fan which might be a better choice now - http://www.amazon.com/Noctua-Low-Profile-Cooler-Retail-Cooling/dp/B009VY1PMI/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1354555771&sr=1-1&keywords=nh-l9i

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back