i9-9900K
Graphics
RX Vega 64
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I had a running High Sierra build with the currently listed parts on my profile.

Bought and upgraded to an Asus Strix z390-E Gaming and 9900K. I've attempted to replace the EFI folders on my working drive with proven EFI folders for this motherboard I found on the site, but obviously I don't know enough to know that wouldn't work.

So now I am attempting to start a fresh install on a different drive, but cannot get to the install screen.

For clarity, the setup I am currently trying to install with is the z390-E Gaming, 9900K, and GTX-1070
And the current stopping point is in the attached photo.(IMG_8851.JPG)
This is almost the exact same stopping point as when trying to use the old drive with swapped out efi folder. Which is the second linked image.(OldDrive.JPG)

It's always such a big gap in time between upgrading, I cannot remember anything anymore.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG_8851.JPG
    IMG_8851.JPG
    3.3 MB · Views: 61
  • OldDrive.JPG
    OldDrive.JPG
    3.6 MB · Views: 83
  • EFI.zip
    3.2 MB · Views: 61
Last edited:
I wasn't booting in macOS in the past 3 or 4 months and now i have the same error from oldDrive.jpg for my z270 gaming m5 i7 7700k. I had this setup since 2018 but now I can not boot or reinstall a fresh copy anymore. I didn't change anything, same hardware and BIOS settings. :banghead:

I've continued to try to eliminate possible causes for this and have gotten nowhere.

No matter what EFI folder configuration I've tried, it still comes to the same stop.

Solved. For anyone in the future...There was an incorrect setting in the BIOS causing the hang.
Correct setting is
Advanced>PCH Storage Configuration> SATA Mode Selection > AHCI

Solved. For anyone in the future...There was an incorrect setting in the BIOS causing the hang.
Correct setting is
Advanced>PCH Storage Configuration> SATA Mode Selection > AHCI

Worked for me!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back