Contribute
Register

[FAQ] READ FIRST! Laptop Frequent Questions

Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.
The latest version of this app appears to work well. Any reason not to use it?

The latest version of this app appears to work well. Any reason not to use it?

IORegistryExplorer v2.1 is better.
I do not use v3.x.

Is there a reason I can't use torrents to download El Capitan? I tried on the ProBook Im using (running Mavericks) from the App Store. It just said I can't download it for this computer. I tried on my friends MacBook Air running Sierra and it said it was too new.

Is there a reason I can't use torrents to download El Capitan?...
Because it violates the tonymacx86 Forum Rules:

UNLIKE OTHER INTERNET COMMUNITIES, THESE RULES ARE STRICTLY ENFORCED

General Rules
  • This site does not condone piracy or the use of illegally acquired software. Any use, discussion, links to or mentions of a pre-built VM, torrent, distribution, downloaded, copied, cloned, hacked or modified installer of the operating system will result in an instant ban and account deletion. Piracy is ILLEGAL and NOT TOLERATED.

Hi there, this is my followup from https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...h-ionvmefamily-using-class-code-spoof.210316/

All the actions below are done via clover USB. No clover installed in the 960 NVMe.

At the moment I'm struggling to boot normally into my 960 NVMe (Sierra 10.12.6). Everytime I boot to this drive, I always get nvme fatal error. Even tho I feel like i've followed the instructions for class-code spoof properly.
  • generated the SSDT_NVMe-Pcc.aml based on the BIOS name of my NVMe on windows.
  • applied the _DSM to XSDM patch in my config.plist
  • generated HackrNVMeFamily.kext with --spoof from the other hack running 10.12.6, and installed it into the 960 NVMe S/L/E (I used to put it in my kext/others folder, but same nvme fatal error given)
However, I can boot into this drive using safemode. Could you guys help me point out where I did wrong? I have my clover file, IOREG output, kextcache & kextstat output, and patchmatic in the zip file below. Thank you so much.

Attachments

• didii-problem reporting.zip
    3.7 MB · Views: 91
  • Normal boot KP.JPG
    Normal boot KP.JPG
    229.9 KB · Views: 121
Hi there, this is my followup from https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...h-ionvmefamily-using-class-code-spoof.210316/

All the actions below are done via clover USB. No clover installed in the 960 NVMe.

At the moment I'm struggling to boot normally into my 960 NVMe (Sierra 10.12.6). Everytime I boot to this drive, I always get nvme fatal error. Even tho I feel like i've followed the instructions for class-code spoof properly.
  • generated the SSDT_NVMe-Pcc.aml based on the BIOS name of my NVMe on windows.
  • applied the _DSM to XSDM patch in my config.plist
  • generated HackrNVMeFamily.kext with --spoof from the other hack running 10.12.6, and installed it into the 960 NVMe S/L/E (I used to put it in my kext/others folder, but same nvme fatal error given)
However, I can boot into this drive using safemode. Could you guys help me point out where I did wrong? I have my clover file, IOREG output, kextcache & kextstat output, and patchmatic in the zip file below. Thank you so much.

When using HackrNVMeFamily with class-code spoof, you should have no patches for IONVMeFamily in your config.plist, and IONVMeFamily.kext should not be in CLOVER/kexts.

When using HackrNVMeFamily with class-code spoof, you should have no patches for IONVMeFamily in your config.plist, and IONVMeFamily.kext should not be in CLOVER/kexts.

Hi RehabMan. I must've messed up the attached clover file in the earlier post. I'm now using HackrNVMeFamily with class-code spoof, no patches regarding IONVMeFamily in config.plist, and no IONVMeFamily.kext in CLOVER/kexts. The problem still persists. NVMe fatal error.

I have Sierra installed in my external hdd, but when booting without the configurations related to NVMe, i get DSMOS: SMC returned incorrect key panic. Does this help you to pinpoint the problem? Thank you

Hi RehabMan. I must've messed up the attached clover file in the earlier post. I'm now using HackrNVMeFamily with class-code spoof, no patches regarding IONVMeFamily in config.plist, and no IONVMeFamily.kext in CLOVER/kexts. The problem still persists. NVMe fatal error.

I have Sierra installed in my external hdd, but when booting without the configurations related to NVMe, i get DSMOS: SMC returned incorrect key panic. Does this help you to pinpoint the problem? Thank you

Open a separate thread.

Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting"
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Back