Contribute
Register

[FAQ] READ FIRST! Laptop Frequent Questions

So after install the mac OSX and make the boot with clover (or using multibeast) what is the next step?

kexts? MACiASL to compile Patches? Both? Or another thing?

I'm asking here as a generic question because I don't have a specifc question! I'm a noob on hackintosh world! There is a lack of obvious information here for dummies ... like this:
http://www.computertechplace.com/understanding-hackintosh-dsdt-patching-and-clover/#.WWHAybyMCSN

Do i really need to read the entire one thousand pages ACPI documentation? There is a faster way to make some patches? Do i need some low level programming skills to compile with MACiASL?

I'm totally lost here! I can't understand how people here take information about original patches (is using F4 during boot?) What do i remove or add to a patch.... how to debug, how to make file and things like this.

I appreciate your help.

Many ACPI patches you will need are already provided in my repo...
See guide (*this guide is linked from the FAQ):
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-patching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts.152573/

You were the one asking about the programming language used for ACPI. The ACPI spec has a complete reference.

There are lots of questions you might have that are answered in the FAQ.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

It is best to learn by doing.

Obvious fix...
If you find your laptop is trying to sleep during the install process, press a key (such as the shift key) periodically to avoid that...
:thumbup::banghead:
So after install the mac OSX and make the boot with clover (or using multibeast) what is the next step?

kexts? MACiASL to compile Patches? Both? Or another thing?

I'm asking here as a generic question because I don't have a specifc question! I'm a noob on hackintosh world! There is a lack of obvious information here for dummies ... like this:
http://www.computertechplace.com/understanding-hackintosh-dsdt-patching-and-clover/#.WWHAybyMCSN

Do i really need to read the entire one thousand pages ACPI documentation? There is a faster way to make some patches? Do i need some low level programming skills to compile with MACiASL?

I'm totally lost here! I can't understand how people here take information about original patches (is using F4 during boot?) What do i remove or add to a patch.... how to debug, how to make file and things like this.

I'm trying to understand if as a user of yours libraries i need to stop to study something and them come back, or if it's not a monster and with some logic and knowledge about hardware, BIOS etc... i can use the libraries (IASL) and compile.

I appreciate your help.
Do not worry after the installation of restart, backup the current system state. And then look at the card, video card, sound card driver is open, and then check the console or log file with or without bug, the wrong characters exist! Make good use of forum search and Google search, do not be too entangled with compatibility and perfection. If it is easy to get the macos, that Apple and Intel engineers should be laid off! Know your own hardware model is most important!

Last edited:
Q. What are typical "Problem Reporting" files?

It is impossible to diagnose a problem without data that shows how your system is configured.

Also, impossible to analyze any data that you might provide without a clear understanding of your hardware. So make sure your profile is filled as per the first question in this FAQ, "Q. Where do I start?".

If you can't boot, a bare minimum is:
- Boot verbose, attach photo
- Attach EFI/Clover folder as ZIP (press F4 and F2 at main Clover screen before collecting). Please eliminate 'themes' directory. Provide only EFI/Clover, not the entire EFI folder.

If you can boot, but are having some other problem, describe the problem clearly and provide data...

Download patchmatic: https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/os-x-maciasl-patchmatic/downloads/RehabMan-patchmatic-2015-0107.zip
Extract the 'patchmatic' binary from the ZIP. Copy it to /usr/bin, such that you have the binary at /usr/bin/patchmatic.

In terminal,
Code:
if [ -d ~/Downloads/RehabMan ]; then rm -R ~/Downloads/RehabMan; fi
mkdir ~/Downloads/RehabMan
cd ~/Downloads/RehabMan
patchmatic -extract

Note: It is easier if you use copy/paste instead of typing the commands manually.

Attach contents of Downloads/RehabMan directory as ZIP.

Attach ioreg as ZIP: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

Provide output (in Terminal):
Code:
kextstat|grep -y acpiplat
kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu
kextstat|grep -y applelpc
kextstat|grep -y applehda

Attach EFI/Clover folder as ZIP (press F4 at main Clover screen before collecting). Please eliminate 'themes' directory. Provide only EFI/Clover, not the entire EFI folder.

Attach output of (in Terminal):
Code:
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /

Compress all files as ZIP. Do not use external links. Attach all files using site attachments only.
I can´t boot, its reboot after this image.

Attachments

• IMAG0135.jpg
    IMAG0135.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 109
I can´t boot, its reboot after this image.

No EFI/Clover attached. Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully.
Please open a separate thread for your troubleshooting effort.
Please do not reply here.

How to know what should i choose for my laptop? I dont know chip of my sound card. Is there any solution to check? I know i have dolby audio altec.

Last edited:
dpci
How to know what should i choose for my laptop? I dont know chip of my sound card. Is there any solution to check? I know i have dolby audio altec.

Attachments

• AppleHDA Patcher.app_v1.8.zip
    3.3 MB · Views: 108

Attachments

• dpci1.jpeg
    dpci1.jpeg
    97.8 KB · Views: 127
  • dpci2.jpeg
    dpci2.jpeg
    268.4 KB · Views: 129
Last edited:
Hi!
I am having trouble in Synaptic keyboard!
I installed macOS Sierra in HDD with Clover 4114.
my laptop has to patch dsdt to fix some errors as not recognize SATA,..
When it boot with patched dsdt, voodoops2 kext isn't be loaded so i can't use trackpad and keyboard.
When i don't use patched dsdt when it boot, i recognize voodoops2 kext was loaded (as below image), but I receive "waiting for root device" error.
I attach my orgin dsdt file, loaded voodoops2 image, config.plist file.
Thanks for helping!

Attachments

• 20286874_1789203584424831_808760926159199479_o.jpg
    20286874_1789203584424831_808760926159199479_o.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 80
  • config.plist
    7.6 KB · Views: 256
  • DSDT.aml
    38 KB · Views: 130
Last edited:
Hi!
I am having trouble in Synaptic keyboard!
I installed macOS Sierra in HDD with Clover 4114.
my laptop has to patch dsdt to fix some errors as not recognize SATA,..
When it boot with patched dsdt, voodoops2 kext isn't be loaded so i can't use trackpad and keyboard.
When i don't use patched dsdt when it boot, i recognize voodoops2 kext was loaded (as below image), but I receive "waiting for root device" error.
I attach my orgin dsdt file, loaded voodoops2 image, config.plist file.
Thanks for helping!

Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting"
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Back