Contribute
Register

FAQ for OS X on 4530s!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
How to configure configurations before pressing Install. I have error "Install failed, bla bla bla" and installation goes about 2/3 then quickly goes to end and shows error !
please help i have HP ProBook 4530s i5 !

Motherboard
Alienware M14x R2
CPU
Intel Core i7
Graphics
Nvidia 650m
Mac
  1. MacBook
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi! I've been following this guide to the T and I keep running into the same problem with the screen freezing at the apple logo before I can even install Lion. I will attach a screen shot....any thoughts?

Attachments

• 0.jpeg
    0.jpeg
    21.3 KB · Views: 317
Motherboard
GA-Z170X-ULTRA GAMING
CPU
i7 6600k
Graphics
HD530
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
vogtav89 said:
Hi! I've been following this guide to the T and I keep running into the same problem with the screen freezing at the apple logo before I can even install Lion. I will attach a screen shot....any thoughts?

Double check you usb drive is in the right hand usb ports!

RehabMan

Motherboard
Intel DH67BL
CPU
i7-2600K
Graphics
HD 3000
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
This might be way off base, and is just a wild guess, but did you try putting the USB stick in a different USB port, in particular, not a USB3 port...

Motherboard
Alienware M14x R2
CPU
Intel Core i7
Graphics
Nvidia 650m
Mac
  1. MacBook
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Always the simplest things! That did it! Thanks so much!

Motherboard
OS X 10.8
CPU
Intel Core i3
Graphics
HD 3000
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
I have OS X Lion updated to 10.7.3, and now I have troubles with sleep mode. When my HP 4530 works on batterey, it works ok, but when it is connected to electricity, sleep mode doesn't work. What can I do with it?

Motherboard
ASUS X99-M WS
CPU
Intel 6-Core i7-5820K
Graphics
ATI Radeon HD 7950
Hi Guys;

I have 100% HP ProBook Hackintosh, with graphics issue fixed and running perfectly and blazing fast.

See my video showing performance and how to fix graphics issues using SwitchResX.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?p=413297#p413297

Thanks

PS This is in the thread for the new HP ProBook Boot Installer for Lion 10.7.4

Motherboard
HP 4530
CPU
2.49GHz Intel Core i5
Graphics
Intel HD Graphics 3000 512 MB
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
After updating to 10.6.8, the bootup just hangs. So I used iBoot to boot the installation using -v .

The final text before stopping is:
Code:
MAC Framework successfully initialized
using 16384 buffer headers and 4096 cluster IO buffer headers
IOAPIC: Version 0x20 Vectors 64:87

And then it hangs. I don't see any panics or anything. I did make the mistake of selecting F.09 from the HP Installer when I do have a F.23. I did not know what I had at the time, but since is my second go around, I was afraid to restart to see what the actual version was knowing I would not be able to get back to the install screen.

I tried rBoot-LE and iBoot to get back in to run multi-beast again...no luck. (unable to find driver for this platform)

This is an HP 4530 with i5 2450m

Is there anything I can do at this point?

I'm really just trying to get to a point where I can make a unibeast USB stick to install Lion as I don't have access to a computer with Snow Leopard running on it (other than the one I'm creating)

What can I try next? Thanks for all your guy's awesome work!

Motherboard
HP Probook 4530s
CPU
i5-2410m
Graphics
HD3000 & Radeon 6490m
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
senica said:
After updating to 10.6.8, the bootup just hangs. So I used iBoot to boot the installation using -v .

The final text before stopping is:
Code:
MAC Framework successfully initialized
using 16384 buffer headers and 4096 cluster IO buffer headers
IOAPIC: Version 0x20 Vectors 64:87

And then it hangs. I don't see any panics or anything. I did make the mistake of selecting F.09 from the HP Installer when I do have a F.23. I did not know what I had at the time, but since is my second go around, I was afraid to restart to see what the actual version was knowing I would not be able to get back to the install screen.

I tried rBoot-LE and iBoot to get back in to run multi-beast again...no luck. (unable to find driver for this platform)

This is an HP 4530 with i5 2450m

Is there anything I can do at this point?

I'm really just trying to get to a point where I can make a unibeast USB stick to install Lion as I don't have access to a computer with Snow Leopard running on it (other than the one I'm creating)

What can I try next? Thanks for all your guy's awesome work!

I think you should try to boot with npci=0x2000
If that works you need to add it to the org.chameleon.boot.plist in the extra folder.

On the note of snow leopard, I have had it working perfectly for several months and tried the new installer on it but since then i've had the bluetooth crossed out.
Anyone else had this issue?

Status
Not open for further replies.