Contribute
Register

FAQ for OS X on 4530s!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi blueking!

I can't get the .zip to open from the desktop after a absolute fresh install?!

I followed the instructions to the letter but when I double click the "HP ProBook Installer.zip" downloaded from your thread it just says cannot open because the file directory doesn't exsist? (error 2 )

Please help, I have spent 2 weeks on this bloomin probook and I can't quit now!

Thanks so much for your hard work!

Installer link is broken in OP. I used this users link and it worked.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/hp-proboo...-new-probook-installer-4-a-74.html#post388032

I have researched how to install LION OS on Probook 4530s in this forum for a week.
And I've just bought Probook4530s 2 days ago.
Unfortunately, mountain lion has just released yesterday and I cannot follow the installation guideline step by step because I cannot download Lion OS from app store anymore.
Currently, all I have are LionOS.dmg and a Retail DVD.
Questions:
How can I install Lion OS into my probook? Help me please.

Taking delivery of a new Probook tomorrow myself. Guess I'll be installing Snow Leopard
until we get some help with what to do from there.

Taking delivery of a new Probook tomorrow myself. Guess I'll be installing Snow Leopard
until we get some help with what to do from there.

The best option now seems to just install Mountain Lion from the get-go. Unless there is some reason you want SL. There is no way to get to Lion from SL without a Lion download.

I like SL so will probably just install it. Have a question
that I couldn't find any info on. I want to dual boot Win 7
and SL but, my Probook (4530s) didn't come with a Windows 7 DVD.
It does have the option to create a disk image but from previous
hackintoshing experience I'm guessing I won't get anywhere installing windows
from an image after installing SL. I see HP does offer a set of recovery disks for $10 but those are
most likely images also. Is anyone dual booting with Win 7 and how did you do it?

Call HP support, they will send you two DVDs, one for Windows 7 and one for the drivers.

Thank you for the info on the horn with them now.....and....they hooked me up, yay! :)
And a great big round of applause and thank you to all of the people here who work
hard at making this stuff possible. You all rock!

edit: Got Snow Leopard and Windows 7 dual booting on this thing last night following the
Guide by the OP of this thread (I too used the new Probook 4 installer and chose the F20 bios even
though my new 4530s has the F27 - it worked fine). Got an AR5B195 atheros wifi card
from ebay. It arrived this morning and I installed it. I think there's something wrong with it because
it doesn't get a signal unless I'm literally next to the router. Same thing in Windows 7 so I know
it's not an OSX issue. Put the original card back in and I'm flyin anywhere
in the house - well on the Windows side anyway. Should have listened when several peeps here
said buy a new one from HP. The ebay one was only $10 and used so it was a crap shoot and I knew that.
Ordered a new one from HP last night. No biggy. I want wifi on the Mac side so it's worth it.
Only problem I saw on the OSX side was a KP when waking from sleep. Fixed permissions on the disk
and it seems to have done the trick....wait, nope. Still getting a KP waking from sleep.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back