Contribute
Register

FAQ for OS X on 4530s!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi! I've been following this guide to the T and I keep running into the same problem with the screen freezing at the apple logo before I can even install Lion. I will attach a screen shot....any thoughts?

Attachments

• 0.jpeg
    0.jpeg
    21.3 KB · Views: 330
vogtav89 said:
Hi! I've been following this guide to the T and I keep running into the same problem with the screen freezing at the apple logo before I can even install Lion. I will attach a screen shot....any thoughts?

Double check you usb drive is in the right hand usb ports!

This might be way off base, and is just a wild guess, but did you try putting the USB stick in a different USB port, in particular, not a USB3 port...

Always the simplest things! That did it! Thanks so much!

I have OS X Lion updated to 10.7.3, and now I have troubles with sleep mode. When my HP 4530 works on batterey, it works ok, but when it is connected to electricity, sleep mode doesn't work. What can I do with it?

Hi Guys;

I have 100% HP ProBook Hackintosh, with graphics issue fixed and running perfectly and blazing fast.

See my video showing performance and how to fix graphics issues using SwitchResX.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?p=413297#p413297

Thanks

PS This is in the thread for the new HP ProBook Boot Installer for Lion 10.7.4

After updating to 10.6.8, the bootup just hangs. So I used iBoot to boot the installation using -v .

The final text before stopping is:
Code:
MAC Framework successfully initialized
using 16384 buffer headers and 4096 cluster IO buffer headers
IOAPIC: Version 0x20 Vectors 64:87

And then it hangs. I don't see any panics or anything. I did make the mistake of selecting F.09 from the HP Installer when I do have a F.23. I did not know what I had at the time, but since is my second go around, I was afraid to restart to see what the actual version was knowing I would not be able to get back to the install screen.

I tried rBoot-LE and iBoot to get back in to run multi-beast again...no luck. (unable to find driver for this platform)

This is an HP 4530 with i5 2450m

Is there anything I can do at this point?

I'm really just trying to get to a point where I can make a unibeast USB stick to install Lion as I don't have access to a computer with Snow Leopard running on it (other than the one I'm creating)

What can I try next? Thanks for all your guy's awesome work!

senica said:
After updating to 10.6.8, the bootup just hangs. So I used iBoot to boot the installation using -v .

The final text before stopping is:
Code:
MAC Framework successfully initialized
using 16384 buffer headers and 4096 cluster IO buffer headers
IOAPIC: Version 0x20 Vectors 64:87

And then it hangs. I don't see any panics or anything. I did make the mistake of selecting F.09 from the HP Installer when I do have a F.23. I did not know what I had at the time, but since is my second go around, I was afraid to restart to see what the actual version was knowing I would not be able to get back to the install screen.

I tried rBoot-LE and iBoot to get back in to run multi-beast again...no luck. (unable to find driver for this platform)

This is an HP 4530 with i5 2450m

Is there anything I can do at this point?

I'm really just trying to get to a point where I can make a unibeast USB stick to install Lion as I don't have access to a computer with Snow Leopard running on it (other than the one I'm creating)

What can I try next? Thanks for all your guy's awesome work!

I think you should try to boot with npci=0x2000
If that works you need to add it to the org.chameleon.boot.plist in the extra folder.

On the note of snow leopard, I have had it working perfectly for several months and tried the new installer on it but since then i've had the bluetooth crossed out.
Anyone else had this issue?

DarkSun8 said:
I have OS X Lion updated to 10.7.3, and now I have troubles with sleep mode. When my HP 4530 works on batterey, it works ok, but when it is connected to electricity, sleep mode doesn't work. What can I do with it?

Did you have any luck figuring this out? Is there a patch for this? I'm having the same issue. It's not a huge problem, but I figured if there is a fix for it, might as well put it in.

Hi blueking!

I can't get the .zip to open from the desktop after a absolute fresh install?!

I followed the instructions to the letter but when I double click the "HP ProBook Installer.zip" downloaded from your thread it just says cannot open because the file directory doesn't exsist? (error 2 )

Please help, I have spent 2 weeks on this bloomin probook and I can't quit now!

Thanks so much for your hard work!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back