Motherboard
GIGABYTE Z170x Designare
CPU
i5-6600k
Graphics
HD 530
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
When using the HW monitor with installed sensor kexts the Mainboard Fan indicators do not show speed of the fans and Heatsink temperature is 0.

Is any solution for this?

Screen_Shot_2016_10_21_at_00_23_31.jpg

When using the HW monitor with installed sensor kexts the Mainboard Fan indicators do not show speed of the fans and Heatsink temperature is 0.

Is any solution for this?

View attachment 216607

Interesting.

That Noctua cooler is a huge beast. I understand it is fitted with 2x fans. How do they connect to the motherboard?

My thinking is that HWMonitor can read the motherboard temperature sensors ok but it doesn't seem to be getting the fan speed readings. That needs the 3rd wire (4th for PWM). Do the two fan connectors join somewhere? Do you connect a 4-pin plug directly to the motherboard?

They connected to motherboard 1x CPU Fan 1x System Fan. Both fan are 4th Wire.I tried with DSDT but same situation.

OK. You should get two fan readings then.

Check what version of FakeSMC you are using. The plug-ins for HWMonitor in older versions are installed as a part of the FakeSMC.kext itself and if you open it up (right-click "Show Contents" etc) to check the plug-ins you will be able to see which ones have been installed. For the most recent versions there are separate kexts which have to be in the same directory as FakeSMC.kext

First guess is that maybe some versions of the CPUSensors.kext might not work with a Z87 chipset. Only a guess though, as I say. I will install the latest plug-ins on my machine and see if anything is obvious, then report back ...

Ok. Back now.

I notice MultiBeast puts the sensor kexts in the "Volume"/Library/Extensions folder by default. Depending on how you have installed your OS and where FakeSMC.kext is, this might point to the problem. Which version of OS X are you on?

For example I'm running Sierra and my FakeSMC.kext is installed in the EFI folder - EFI/CLOVER/kexts/other - so to get all the sensors working I had to move the sensor kexts into that folder from "Volume"/L/E, where MB had put them.

Hope that helps.

:)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back