Motherboard
Asus N4L-VM
CPU
T5600
Graphics
9500 GT
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hello All - I'm new to hackintosh-ing and i'm struggling with my setup, i hope you can help?

I've followed this: http://www.tonymacx86.com/43-simplest-mac-os-x-installation-guide.html

...but i got a flat out restart you mac screen after i selected the installation media via iboot. So i did a little digging and found this: type -x -v -f acpi=off PCIRootUID=0 GraphicsEnabler=No. This fires though the installation files but fails on the ACPI settings.

Where am i going wrong?

Specs:

Asus N4L-VM
Intel Core 2 Duo T5600 1.83 GHz
2GB Ram
Onboard Graphics/Sound etc

(super cheap/old, i know...)

Here's a screenshot - tried to install from snow leopard and mavericks

IMG_20140218_221110.jpg

Thanks all!

Hello All - I'm new to hackintosh-ing and i'm struggling with my setup, i hope you can help?

I've followed this: http://www.tonymacx86.com/43-simplest-mac-os-x-installation-guide.html

...but i got a flat out restart you mac screen after i selected the installation media via iboot. So i did a little digging and found this: type -x -v -f acpi=off PCIRootUID=0 GraphicsEnabler=No. This fires though the installation files but fails on the ACPI settings.

Where am i going wrong?

Specs:

Asus N4L-VM
Intel Core 2 Duo T5600 1.83 GHz
2GB Ram
Onboard Graphics/Sound etc

(super cheap/old, i know...)

Here's a screenshot - tried to install from snow leopard and mavericks

View attachment 83913

Thanks all!

impish

Have you tried to use any Boot Switches.

If you have ACPI issues when booting up you can add the acpi=off as one of the switches.

-x -v -f acpi=off PCIRootUID=1 GraphicsEnabler=No

impish

Have you tried to use any Boot Switches.

If you have ACPI issues when booting up you can add the acpi=off as one of the switches.

-x -v -f acpi=off PCIRootUID=1 GraphicsEnabler=No

Yeah... i tried " -x -v -f acpi=off PCIRootUID=0 GraphicsEnabler=No" originally but it didn't work. I do this after iboot has loaded, select OSX 10.6 then type it before i press enter on the OSX 10.6 disc - is that right?

Yeah... i tried " -x -v -f acpi=off PCIRootUID=0 GraphicsEnabler=No" originally but it didn't work. I do this after iboot has loaded, select OSX 10.6 then type it before i press enter on the OSX 10.6 disc - is that right?

impish

After iBoot Mounts up you should see two icons at least - one for the iBOOT the other the Hard Drive.
We swap the Cd for the Apple DVD - wait for DVD drive light to go out.
We press PF5 key - this should reactivate the DVD rom Drive and read the LABEL of it and this then should Show up on the screen - replacing the iBOOT Icon and still have the Hard Drive name as an icon.
We select (highlight) the Apple OSX DVD icon. And then press the spacebar and enter the text onto that window and then press return.

We should see lots of action on the monitor - scrolling text etc -

Then if all goes well the scrolling text will stop and the Apple GUI screen will appear w a spinning wheel that will move as you move the mouse. Then you should get the APPLE installer Screen to install OSX - in which you need to prepare the Hard Drive for OSX as per the instructions.

You above boot commands what they mean
"-x" is safe mode
"-v" is Debug ( scrolling text enabled)
"-f" no kernel cache
"acpi=off" turns off power management
"PCIRootUID=" is a function for GFX cards or where the kernel will look for the video hardware.
0= internal either motherboard or CPU GFX
1=external or PCIe slot
"GraphicsEnabler=" Yes / No means we want or don't want enhanced GFX functions for the kernel.

So if you do not have internal video then the PCIrootUID should =1 not Zero.

Also you video card should have a DVI Port on it for video out - we do not use VGA ( Apple gave up on that) So you need to use a DVI monitor and cable.
Most have one of each a VGA and A DVI port.

If your system panics when loading the text display then take picture and post that so we can see it.

Also its a Good Idea to make sure your BIOS settings are as close to what is needed - may want to look for these settings w Google or in our Search field.

Cool, thanks for the help. I'll give this a shot later

Thanks for this info, I got it all installed but now I've got another issue. I can only boot via iboot in safe mode.

When I boot without iboot I get the apple logo and the spinning wheel that eventually turns into a solid circle. I guess it's some kind of gfx issue.

Any pointers on where I'm going wrong?

Thanks again!

Thanks for this info, I got it all installed but now I've got another issue. I can only boot via iboot in safe mode.

When I boot without iboot I get the apple logo and the spinning wheel that eventually turns into a solid circle. I guess it's some kind of gfx issue.

Any pointers on where I'm going wrong?

Thanks again!

impish

this motherboard has Intel 945GM onboard gfx which is not supported if you have installed OSX 10.6.8 update... it was supported in 10.6.0 but was dropped. (not for Desktops )

Also this Motherboard has a VGA connector so this will not work either. Monitor needs DVI as well -You need a dedicated video card with a DVI - if you don't have one -a nVidia GS8400 is recommended.

Also you should be able to install the Chimera Boot loader which is available from MultiBeast so that you can boot from hard Drive.

As to the safe mode ... not sure but turn off the onboard video and use a dedicated video card. Old one..

I've just ordered a 9500 GT as I read somewhere that it's supported also? Guess I might have to send it back and replace with a 8400.

Fingers crossed I'll get a working hackintosh soon! :D

I've just ordered a 9500 GT as I read somewhere that it's supported also? Guess I might have to send it back and replace with a 8400.

Fingers crossed I'll get a working hackintosh soon! :D

impish

As you neglected to mention who made this 9400 we can't really tell ...

But if this is a card from some of the more reputable companies like EVGA it should work...

As long as it has a DVI video out.... ( some of them had two DVI vid outs)

impish

As you neglected to mention who made this 9400 we can't really tell ...

But if this is a card from some of the more reputable companies like EVGA it should work...

As long as it has a DVI video out.... ( some of them had two DVI vid outs)

Unfortunately I don't know until it turns up as it's second hand from cex. Hopefully it won't take long to come so I can attempt to continue my build :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back