1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi everyone !

I'm trying to install El Capitan using unibeast on this configuration :

- Gigabyte Z97-D3H
- Intel i7-4790K
- Samsung SSD 850 EVO 250

Everytime I try to boot on the USB key, it get stuck in the middle of loading, and after a while, my computer restart... I've tried several UEFI configurations, and it doesn't seem to make any change.

Someone willing to help me please ? It's my first time building a computer and I'm quite lost...

Try booting verbose mode and post a screenshot where your machine stops loading the installer.
What about your video card?

I use integrated graphics from my Intel i7. Thanks for your answer I'll try and do that.

I did the verbose mode here are some screenshots, can you help me figure what's wrong please ?
12166491_10207471458051793_1617998016_n.jpg12170635_10207471457771786_1098571872_n.jpg12167913_10207471457611782_1687450579_n.jpg

It looks like your integrated graphics aren't starting up when they're supposed to.

If your CPU is overclocked, try disabling that for the duration of the install.

If that's not the case or doesn't help, please post the config.plist you're using (on your USB installer EFI partition, file EFI/CLOVER/config.plist)

Similar problem with GA-H87M-HD3 and i5-4570.

Any help greatly appreciated

Please post config.plist.

Another thing to try:

Open the config.plist you're booting with (should be the USB EFI partition, EFI/CLOVER/config.plist) in Clover Configurator, check the FixDisplay box on the ACPI screen, save, and then try booting off the USB again.

Thanks a lot for the reply ammulder, but I no longer have access to OSX... as I've read on another thread to use a clean disk and so I did it. Can I do that from Clover? If not, I am really screwed and will have to bother again big time some friend with a Mac. :banghead:

I was able to read the HFS usb pen on Windows using Diskinternals' Linux Reader, but could not find any EFI/Clover directory....

EFI/CLOVER/config.plist

It's on the EFI partition, which is formatted FAT32, so you should be able to read and write it from a Linux/Windows machine. However, you will have to convince them to mount it because the EFI partition is normally "hidden".

To add the FixDisplay flag with a text editor, you want to do something like this:
Code:
<dict>
        <key>ACPI</key>
        <dict>
                <key>DSDT</key>
                <dict>
                        <key>Fixes</key>
                        <dict>
                                <key>FixDisplay_0100</key>
                                <true/>
                        </dict>
                </dict>

I'm not positive that will help, but some people with graphics problems on 97 boards have suggested it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back