Contribute
Register

FACING PANIC IN Dual Boot Windows 7 and OS X Snow Leopard Using Chameleon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ML 10.8.3
CPU
i5 3330 4x 3,3ghz
Graphics
ATI Radeon HD7770 ANY SUGGEST?
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
HELLO MATE,

I am facing panic screens in dual boot installation.

I had made every step into Dual Boot Windows 7 and OS X Snow Leopard Using Chameleon but the STEP 4 on this guided process.

I attached some screens to you help me. I also used the follow recommendation:

Sandy Bridge system just before update combo 10.6.8.;
MULTIBEAST 3.1.0. user DSDT with intel pre config.

I would like to use some boot alternatives beside CD boot and USB option.

I hope hear from you soon.

Jah bless us all.

intel DB75EN + i5 + ATI Radeon HD7770 + 4gb ddr3 1333 + SATA3 HDD

Attachments

• 132605_dual boot screen_0002.jpg
    132605_dual boot screen_0002.jpg
    642.7 KB · Views: 1,554
  • 132605_dual boot screen_0007.jpg
    132605_dual boot screen_0007.jpg
    596.4 KB · Views: 1,153
  • 132605_dual boot screen_0009.jpg
    132605_dual boot screen_0009.jpg
    583.5 KB · Views: 851
  • 132605_dual boot screen_0011.jpg
    132605_dual boot screen_0011.jpg
    731.7 KB · Views: 404
  • 132605_dual boot screen_0013.jpg
    132605_dual boot screen_0013.jpg
    816.6 KB · Views: 207
  • 132605_dual boot screen_0014.jpg
    132605_dual boot screen_0014.jpg
    787.2 KB · Views: 156
  • 132605_dual boot screen_0015.jpg
    132605_dual boot screen_0015.jpg
    827 KB · Views: 388
HELLO MATE,

I am facing panic screens in dual boot installation.

I had made every step into Dual Boot Windows 7 and OS X Snow Leopard Using Chameleon but the STEP 4 on this guided process.

I attached some screens to you help me. I also used the follow recommendation:

Sandy Bridge system just before update combo 10.6.8.;
MULTIBEAST 3.1.0. user DSDT with intel pre config.

I would like to use some boot alternatives beside CD boot and USB option.

I hope hear from you soon.

Jah bless us all.

intel DB75EN + i5 + ATI Radeon HD7770 + 4gb ddr3 1333 + SATA3 HDD

aiha

Have you seen this GUIDE - http://www.tonymacx86.com/snow-leop...multibooting-novice-updated-3-12-see-log.html
This may help you but you really need to make the UniBeast OSX ML 10.8.3 thumb drive and install ML not SL on this hardware.

You neglected to tell us what CPU model number you have - kinda important
Please provide that

As your motherboard is 3rd Generation so its made for an Ivy Bridge CPU as this is what the MB is you need to use the iBoot for Ivy Bridge CD always as Snow Leopards kernel has no support for this MB chipsets or the IB CPU.

That video card may need to be removed and we try to boot up w out the ATI 7770 and use the HD 3000/4000 internal GFX if your CPU has it.

Bios - video make sure that its set to only 64 megs ram for video and that its set to interna not both or external.

Set AHCI S3 and HPET enabled Set BIOS for USB to Legacy support enabled. Disable VT-D and any virtualization options for now.

boot w these switches " -v PCIRootUID=0 "

Do not run MultiBeast - install one of the three combo updates your choice 10.6.6 is the easiest or you can use 10.6.7 or 10.6 8:
Do not use a DSDT

You need to get Mountain Lion from the Apple App store this is what the iBoot IB CD was made for - if you want to have a fully working OSX Snow Leo computer you can not use this hardware w SL . You need a Sandy Bridge system MB and CPU.

THANK YOU BROW!

I am reading the step-by-step guide for multi-booting and downloading the OSX 10.8.3. now.

Despite of my CPU it is an i5 3330 4x 3,3ghz on INTEL desktop board DB75EN executive series. Plus ATI Radeon HD7770 and so on... And everything seems good until it stops in boot loader. :banghead:
I am trying to figure out what can I do while buying the ML. Keep in touch mate.

aiha

Have you seen this GUIDE - http://www.tonymacx86.com/snow-leop...multibooting-novice-updated-3-12-see-log.html
This may help you but you really need to make the UniBeast OSX ML 10.8.3 thumb drive and install ML not SL on this hardware.

You neglected to tell us what CPU model number you have - kinda important
Please provide that

As your motherboard is 3rd Generation so its made for an Ivy Bridge CPU as this is what the MB is you need to use the iBoot for Ivy Bridge CD always as Snow Leopards kernel has no support for this MB chipsets or the IB CPU.

That video card may need to be removed and we try to boot up w out the ATI 7770 and use the HD 3000/4000 internal GFX if your CPU has it.

Bios - video make sure that its set to only 64 megs ram for video and that its set to interna not both or external.

Set AHCI S3 and HPET enabled Set BIOS for USB to Legacy support enabled. Disable VT-D and any virtualization options for now.

boot w these switches " -v PCIRootUID=0 "

Do not run MultiBeast - install one of the three combo updates your choice 10.6.6 is the easiest or you can use 10.6.7 or 10.6 8:
Do not use a DSDT

You need to get Mountain Lion from the Apple App store this is what the iBoot IB CD was made for - if you want to have a fully working OSX Snow Leo computer you can not use this hardware w SL . You need a Sandy Bridge system MB and CPU.

THANK YOU BROW!

I am reading the step-by-step guide for multi-booting and downloading the OSX 10.8.3. now.

Despite of my CPU it is an i5 3330 4x 3,3ghz on INTEL desktop board DB75EN executive series. Plus ATI Radeon HD7770 and so on... And everything seems good until it stops in boot loader. :banghead:
I am trying to figure out what can I do while buying the ML. Keep in touch mate.

aiha

Your CPU has HD2500 which is supported in OSX 10.8.3 but not in any older version of OSX.

So not sure how this works w SL or the HD7770 which I dont think works in SL.

If this is the BootLoader - you need to boot from the iBoot Ivy Bridge when you have SL installed

If this is a boot from a UNIBEAST USB drive then this is different.

So if you do not use the HD7770 now do you get a screen you can use even if the default res is set to 1024x768x32

So in the Boot switch suggest you use "GraphicsEnabler=No" along w "-v PCIRootUID-0 " to get SL running.

Also which OSX Combo Update did you use.

!!--answer over quote--!!

aiha

your cpu has hd2500 which is supported in osx 10.8.3 but not in any older version of osx. I'm not shure since i don't tested it.

So not sure how this works w sl or the hd7770 which i dont think works in sl. Yes it works in low res. By dvi-vga out adapter!

If this is the bootloader - you need to boot from the iboot ivy bridge when you have sl installed. Yes! You're exactly right, i just can boot using it!

If this is a boot from a unibeast usb drive then this is different. I can't install it by now 'cos it is still downloading ml from apple store, so blocked this installation.

So if you do not use the hd7770 now do you get a screen you can use even if the default res is set to 1024x768x32 . I am using that default via hd7770 dvi-vga out adapter.

So in the boot switch suggest you use "graphicsenabler=no" along w "-v pcirootuid-0 " to get sl running. I am using the graphics no allways, with -v and -x sometimes to avoid further damage.

Also which osx combo update did you use. first i had used 10.6.8 combo as it is in hackintosh general guide.
Now i'm downloading osxupdcombo10.8.3 but i guess i must have it's preview vers. Over apple store [the download last forever].

I would like to hear from you if that combos will fix any drives to complete intel mb funcTionalities. Since the step-by-step guide makes me a little mashed up.

I will reward you if keep looking with me!

Jah bless.

!!--answer over quote--!!

I would like to hear from you if that combos will fix any drives to complete intel mb funcTionalities. Since the step-by-step guide makes me a little mashed up.

I will reward you if keep looking with me!

Jah bless.

ailha

You need to understand that your hardware - CPU and MotherBoard will not boot from Drives as a normal PC or Mac would w OSX Snow Leopard. The Reason is your hardware is to new for the older Apple OSX Snow Leopard.

The only way to fix this boot up or bootloader problem you have is to install Mountain Lion which is available for you to buy at the Apple App store -
After you install the base OSX Snow Leopard Version from the DVD then you need to install one of the three Combo Updates from the web.

http://support.apple.com/kb/dl1399 this is 10.6.8
or
http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1361 this is 10.6.7
or
http://support.apple.com/kb/dl1349 this is 10.6.6

once one of these are installed and you reboot w the iBoot CD still in the DVD drive you can then see the Blue App Store Icon down in the bottom panel and try to go to the Apple App store
You login ( you may need to create an account if you do not have one)
You purchase Mountain Lion ( credit card required)
You download the Mountain Lion file.

You then download UniBeast from Downloads at this site and run that program to make a USB thumb Drive - you will need to purchase a 8GB USB drive.

If you are trying to only Run Snow Leopard on this hardware as a Normal Hack would then this is not possible due to your Ivy Bridge hardware.
And your ATI7770 video card.
Sound will not work added GFX functions will not work UNTIL - you get and install Mountain Lion

Again Snow Leopard will not work w Ivy Bridge Hardware.

NOW if you have downloaded the 10.8.3 Software you need to use the UNIBEAST program to make that install drive - Boot from the USB Drive
I would leave out the ATI 7770 video card and use the HD2500 that you have for video until you have completed the Install of ML. Once installed and you use MultiBeast and selected your options you can boot from the Hard drive instead of the USB drive.

You need to use the instructions to make the USB drive found here - http://www.unibeast.com/
click on the Guide icon and follow it

If this is what you are doing and still have problems you need to open a new POST in the Desktop Support for Mountain Lion Forum
Do not post requests for ML support in the Snow Leopard Desktop Forum which is where you are now.

Here is where to post for ML Support
http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-lion-desktop-support/

So if you now have problems w the install of Mountain Lion using your hardware open a POST in that forum. Also list you hardware that you are using.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back