Contribute
Register

Extremely slow 6-7 minute boot time with Monterey 12.0.1

Slow boot here too but i doubt the issue is about hardware, instead there so many check in verbose I never seen. Is there a way to get the boot more fast from change some option on the config?

Forget about what I said above. Can't use Monterey as a daily... even hangs when acrobat helper loads (dose not do that on an HDD). Just wait for updates and fixes. Staying with Big Sur.
Understood. Although, it's possibly more Adobe related, than Monterey, or a blend of both. Good luck.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have the same issue too, my boot time is about 3 minutes, the first boot in Monterey was 30 second and the problem start after first boot. Some people with real iMacs are having the same issue, they're using a samsung nvme... so better wait.
intel 6700k
asus Z170 deluxe
rx 5700 xt
samsung 960 EVO

I have the same issue too, my boot time is about 3 minutes, the first boot in Monterey was 30 second and the problem start after first boot. Some people with real iMacs are having the same issue, they're using a samsung nvme... so better wait.
intel 6700k
asus Z170 deluxe
rx 5700 xt
samsung 960 EVO
The slow boot is a symptom of an issue with TRIM, when using some NVMe devices as a macOS boot drive. Samsung NVMe's, along with a range of other brands, are affected.

Bought a WD SN550 and no issue anymore. Boot time 25 seconds again.

same problem here, it was working great with Big Sur and boot time was normal.
Hello,
I spend this Saturday morning checking
- After backing up everything via Time machine, I create the clean USB boot for Monterey and install it again
- Then restore from backup
- It works well for the moment, boot time 10s (Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1Tb - OpenCore 0.7.5)

So maybe the reason comes from the upgrade directly from Big Sur to Monterey, let's try the fresh install :headbang:

I have noticed this issue on a regular SATA SSD in a laptop as well. Are these drivers affected by this issue as well? If so, what brand SATA drive should I go for?

I had this issue on desktop PC with a Samsung EVO NVMe. Switching to the WD SN750 drive fixed the issue.

I have noticed this issue on a regular SATA SSD in a laptop as well. Are these drivers affected by this issue as well? If so, what brand SATA drive should I go for?

I had this issue on desktop PC with a Samsung EVO NVMe. Switching to the WD SN750 drive fixed the issue.
SATA SSDs haven't been as much of an issue possibly due to more users having Nvme boot drives. This is what Dortania says about compatible drives.

Back