RX 6800 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
A couple of issues.

1. every time I plug in my external DVD player with a video disk DVD player trys to open then it crashes.
2. Handbrake doesn't seem to rip encrypted DVD's
3. RipIt http://thelittleappfactory.com/ripit/ is what I have used for years but doesn't seem to work anymore.
4. I discovered WinX DVD but I don't want to spend 45 bucks on it.

What does everyone else use? Can you get these to work? Are there other alternatives?

What version of macOS are you using?
Does the external DVD have an external power supply?
How is the External DVD connected, USB?
Do you have your USB ports configured for macOS?
Do you have an SSDT-USBX.aml or similar fix in a USBPorts.kext for USB Power?

A couple of issues.

1. every time I plug in my external DVD player with a video disk DVD player trys to open then it crashes.
2. Handbrake doesn't seem to rip encrypted DVD's
3. RipIt http://thelittleappfactory.com/ripit/ is what I have used for years but doesn't seem to work anymore.
4. I discovered WinX DVD but I don't want to spend 45 bucks on it.

What does everyone else use? Can you get these to work? Are there other alternatives?

Out of interest - I can see @Edhawk is helping you with the drive - concerning DVD ripping ...

As you say RipIt no longer works but all it did was copy the audio and video DVD disk directories onto the destination and encapsulate them with a jason script as I recall. You can pretty much do the same and just copy the old script into place. Check the size of one. No difference. Still works as a backup though if you have storage space.

:)

What version of macOS are you using?
Does the external DVD have an external power supply?
How is the External DVD connected, USB?
Do you have your USB ports configured for macOS?
Do you have an SSDT-USBX.aml or similar fix in a USBPorts.kext for USB Power?
I am running macOS 11.1 with OpenCore
The DVD Drive is USB powered no external power supply.
I used SSDTime to create the USB mapping from windows.

Can you post a copy of your USBMap.kext so I can see what is present in the kext regarding USB power settings.

I thought SSDTTime contained a ResetUSB option, that could be used to generate an SSDT for USB port discovery. I wasn't aware you could map the USB ports for macOS in Windows. Are you sure about this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back