Contribute
Register

EVGA x299 MICRO need help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Many thanks, Anton. If you could kindly share your config.list, that would be very much appreciated. I'll take another crack at it on the weekend.

@normbartley Here is my config, the only thing that is really critical is kernel patch that is enabled:

_xcpm_core_scope_msrs © Pike R. Alpha

Attachments

• config.plist
    25 KB · Views: 229
@normbartley regarding your mouse/KB issues, do you use some wifi/bt card and bt mouse keyboard? I've installed DW1820A natively supported card but it does not work properly when I connect my bt magic mouse and use 2.4 ghz wifi. Seems they interfere and wifi brings lag into input.

Anton, first many thanks for your config.plist! That kernel patch got me past the plus signs into a bootable system. Progress! However, problems still abound. I'm using a plain-Jane Logitech wireless USB mouse/KB. It's clear that the delayed/repeated/missing key presses and mouse clicks are a symptom of a larger problem in my case. Every phase of the installation stalls periodically, sometimes randomly power-cycling, and at other times simply hanging; always slow with screen progress updates. Same problems previously with my "successful" installation of HS (I'm pretty sure I lucked out to get that far).

Sorry that this doesn't help at all with your mouse/KB issues. Meanwhile, a graphics-card upgrade didn't help, but I meant to do anyway so I can use my RX560 in another Linux box.

Quick update. Everything is working perfectly. Mojave up and running without any problems. I underestimated the importance of TSCAdjustReset.kext. I adjusted for the 20 threads in my i9-9900X, added the kext to my EFI folder, and it sprang to life magnificently. No mouse/KB issues at all. Thanks again, Anton, for the crucial kernel patch.

Great, I'm glad to hear that.

Actually I've created a ticket for EVGA support to provide MSR 0xE2 unlocked version of BIOS. They were not able to answer right away if that is possible. So I'm waiting for a final decision from their side.
There is an option to patch the bios but I'm not fully understanding that process.

As a suggestion regarding power management, I've implemented CPUFriend approach and got little lower power consumption and a bit better scores in benchmarks, but that is up to you.
To do this you need to place attached SSDT-PM.aml to /EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched and also CPUFriend.kext to /Library/Extensions.

Attachments

• SSDT-PM.aml
    15.1 KB · Views: 104
  • CPUFriend.kext.zip
    9.6 KB · Views: 130
Last edited:
@normbartley @AntonSemanyk Dear Both, Thanks a lot for your super information sharing.
Could you please help me understand more about this mother board (EVGA X299 FTWK + i7-9800K)
1. Does this Mobo support TB3 add-in card, which brand
2. Could any one of you guys please post EFI Folder with kext patches and L/E patches
3. Have you tried upgrading to Mojave 10.14.5
4. What is the prescribed SMBIOS (iMacPro 1.1 ) or something else.
5. Do you have custom USB implementation, if so could you please share that as well.

@jhenu here are the answers to your questions:
1 I have not heard of any
2 Will do tomorrow morning
3 I’m on 10.14.5
4 I’m using iMac pro smbios
5 I have one for micro board, but that will not work for ftw k, but it is easy to do it yourself. Let me get to my pc tomorrow and I will share the guides.

@jhenu, I really don't have anything to add to @AntonSemanyk's reply. Similarly, I'm not aware of any TB3 cards (but haven't really been looking). I am also running 10.14.5 using the iMac Pro 1,1 SMBIOS and the stock (unmodified) USB configuration. I ordered an OSX-compatible Broadcom BT/Wifi card from Amazon so that I can use an Apple Magic Mouse and keyboard (EVGA mobos use the Intel BT/Wifi chip). My system has been running smoothly since beefing up my power supply to 850 W! (Caution: don't "cheap out," as I did!)

I am using the 10.14.4-version EFI folder from kgp's EFI X299 EFI repository, pretty much as-is. The config.plist I am using is that posted above by @AntonSemanyk. However, the key kernel patch in Anton's config.plist is now added by default to the config.plist in kgp's distribution. (The 10.14.15-version EFI folder is still "beta"). I am keeping it all pretty simple, adding just four additional kexts: TSCAdjustReset.kext, AppleALC.lext, Lilu.kext, and Whatevergreen.kext.

Last edited:
@AntonSemanyk Think i could get your config list? I am also having problems on my x299 board with slide values and memory

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back