CPU: Core i9 7920x
GPU: Sapphire RX580 nitro+
RAM: G.Skill Trident Z 2x16gb 3000

I'm following below guide:
and EFI folder from here:
but the boot process fails on:

END RANDOMSEED
++++++++++++++++

I've tried several MSR 0xE2 patches, OxsAptioFix and AptioMemoryFix but still no luck. Any thoughts?
Does anybody have running system using EVGA MB?

Last edited:
Config:
MB: EVGA x299 micro
CPU: Core i9 7920x
GPU: Sapphire RX580 nitro+
RAM: G.Skill Trident Z 2x16gb 3000

I'm following below guide:
and EFI folder from here:
but the boot process fails on:

END RANDOMSEED
++++++++++++++++

I've tried several MSR 0xE2 patches, OxsAptioFix and AptioMemoryFix but still no luck. Any thoughts?
Does anybody have running system using EVGA MB?
  • If you have already tried different AptioFix ....efi files and still getting Memory Mapping error you have quoted, it is time to check your RAMS as the cause of your problem.
  • Try removing the Module farther away from the CPU and boot using the RAM in the Socket closest to CPU.
  • If that does not solve the error, then install the Removed RAM in Socket #1. (Closest to CPU)
  • Always use Verbose Mode to boot.

I'm at wit's end with a similar problem to Anton above in attempting to install Mojave 14.3. I have:

EVGA x299 Micro 2 board (BIOS v1.09) with an i9-9900X,
64 GB DDR4-2666 (4 sticks in 4 slots),
ASUS RX560.

Similarly tried KGP/X299-EFI-Folder-Distrubutions, and met continually with the row-of-plus-signs and stall. No help using the latest UniBeast-9.1.0 either.

Currently running Scientific Linux 7.6 without a hint of trouble. Oddly enough, I'm able to get High Sierra 13.6 running using KGP's EFIs, but not a peep from Mojave with the same Clover settings. I even tried a Mojave upgrade from a running 13.6, and nope. I've scoured all posts related to the plus-sign stall, tried just about everything. Plus signs!

@normbartley can you please share your EFI folder for high sierra?
Also any specific BIOS settings?

Happy to help. The BIOS settings are all the system defaults. There doesn't seem that many settings to tinker with relative to other boards, and nothing I tried improved things. I finally reset everything to default on the main BIOS screen.

The EFI folder is exactly the EFI-X299-10.13.6 SU-Release-iMacPro1,1-121218 in KGP's EFI collection. I added a couple of kexts that I thought might help some of my early problems, but removed them because they were unnecessary. Ultimately, I only modified the config.plist, which I'm happy to attach.

Just a word about my working High Sierra installation, however. It is not smooth. Typing is a problem (as noted by some others), with a delay and skipped or duplicated characters. The system often does not respond immediately to mouse clicks. I was disappointed, but not surprised, that wifi and bluetooth don't work. Wired ethernet does work. Other OSs, such as Linux and FreeBSD work perfectly, so I know my hardware is fine.

Attachments

• config.plist
    23.4 KB · Views: 152
@normbartley will try tomorrow and get back with the result, thank you. Some time ago I had the same problem with input devices when disabled legacy usb support in bios. Will see what it will be for me if I'm able to setup HS. I also have several ideas for Mojave, will try them tomorrow.
Seems that mojave kernel has changed and xcpm_core_scope_msrs patch is not working.
I've found another one:
31D2E8AE FCFFFF -> 31D29090 909090

Last edited:
In my experience, The X299 is problematic with RX5xx cards. Works great with Vegas and I had good luck with an old W7000 card. I don't know if anyone has got an X299 working correctly with RX5xx video cards. They seem to work a lot better with the Z370 motherboards.

Thanks for letting me know, Anton. Thanks also, m_f about the RX5xx cards. That's consistent with what I've seen elsewhere. I also see that the RX560 is not in buyer's guide (but the RX580 is). I'll upgrade to a recommended card.

@normbartley ping me if you need my config.plist. Also I'm not seeing any issues with RX580 and think that RX560 should also work well. As I know there might be issues if you are working with video editing tools, but if not, that should not be a problem for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back