Contribute
Register

EVGA P55 SLI Audio Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Midsyde said:
No dice...

I removed the old DSDT.aml file out of the extra folder. I authenticated the new DSDT.aml file I got from you. After putting it into the Extra folder I used Multibeast - System Utilities.

After restart nothing changed. Still have all the info in System Profiler, but no control within System Prefs - Sound.

I already had the ALC8xxHDA and AppleHDA Rollback installed as well as the Non-DSDT HDAEnabler - ALC889.

Not sure what to do now to fix it.

Thanks,

~ Midsyde
With a DSDT installed, you have to delete the Non-DSDT HDAEnabler.kext. Delete it 1st and re-run Multibeast with System Utilities, ALC8xxHDA and AppleHDA Rollback

Ok, once I get the Snow Leopard Disc tomorrow I am going to fix the mistakes I made and then try again lol.

Thanks again for all the help,

~ Midsyde

After repairing my hard drive with the Snow Leopard Install I decided to tackle this audio problem once more.

I start from scratch again, removed EVERYTHING that I had relating to audio including the DSDT

Here's the process I did:

1. Remove all audio extensions

2. Install ALC8xxHDA and AppleHDA Rollback in Multibeast along with System Utilities

3. I removed old DSDT, and again put the audio fix DSDT.aml back into the Extra folder

4. I opened Multibeast again and ran System Utilities.

After restart the System Profiler shows all the proper audio devices under Audio (Built-in) WITHOUT the HDAenabler 889. BUT, I still have no control of the audio in System Preferences - Sound.

I can't use Voodoo because that's what caused my computer to go crazy and my HD to need repair.

What's my next move? more DSDT editing?

Thanks,

~ Midsyde

P.S. - here's a list of my current extensions in the Extra-Extensions folder

ALC8xxHDA.kext
AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext
EvOreboot.kext
fakesmc.kext
Intel82566MM.kext
IONetworkingFamily.kext
JMicron36xATA.kext
JMicron36xSATA.kext
LegacyAppleRTC.kext
NullCPUPowerManagement.kext
NVEnabler 64.kext

Midsyde said:
After repairing my hard drive with the Snow Leopard Install I decided to tackle this audio problem once more.

I start from scratch again, removed EVERYTHING that I had relating to audio including the DSDT

Here's the process I did:

1. Remove all audio extensions

2. Install ALC8xxHDA and AppleHDA Rollback in Multibeast along with System Utilities

3. I removed old DSDT, and again put the audio fix DSDT.aml back into the Extra folder

4. I opened Multibeast again and ran System Utilities.

After restart the System Profiler shows all the proper audio devices under Audio (Built-in) WITHOUT the HDAenabler 889. BUT, I still have no control of the audio in System Preferences - Sound.

I can't use Voodoo because that's what caused my computer to go crazy and my HD to need repair.

What's my next move? more DSDT editing?

Thanks,

~ Midsyde

P.S. - here's a list of my current extensions in the Extra-Extensions folder

ALC8xxHDA.kext
AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext
EvOreboot.kext
fakesmc.kext
Intel82566MM.kext
IONetworkingFamily.kext
JMicron36xATA.kext
JMicron36xSATA.kext
LegacyAppleRTC.kext
NullCPUPowerManagement.kext
NVEnabler 64.kext
Ok one last try. Copy the current used audio edited DSDT onto your desktop. Make a backup of your current /Extra folder, then delete the whole /Extra folder. Re-run Multibeast with that

Attachments

• Bildschirmfoto 2011-02-15 um 04.33.47.png
    Bildschirmfoto 2011-02-15 um 04.33.47.png
    214.5 KB · Views: 141
I have 2 questions before I do that...

My current computer says it's Mac Pro 4.1, why would I select Mac Pro 3.1?

Also I do not use my mac in 64-bit, so why would I select 64 bit boot screen and not 32-bit boot screen?

Thanks,

~ Midsyde

Since my DSDT was missing the HDEF patch to begin with, is it possible it's missing some coding that would align that which is shown in the Audio section of the system profiler to the Sound control in System Preferences?

I can't believe I can't figure this out. I also find it hard to believe that I have to redo my entire Extra folder to get it to work. I am willing to do that as a last resort, I just want to make sure it doesn't mess up my entire set up.

Thanks,

~ Midsyde

Midsyde said:
Since my DSDT was missing the HDEF patch to begin with, is it possible it's missing some coding that would align that which is shown in the Audio section of the system profiler to the Sound control in System Preferences?

I can't believe I can't figure this out. I also find it hard to believe that I have to redo my entire Extra folder to get it to work. I am willing to do that as a last resort, I just want to make sure it doesn't mess up my entire set up.

Thanks,

~ Midsyde
Don't panic, as long as you're able to boot with iBoot, you can reverse all things you did if you have a backup of the essential things ;) I found this, it could be interresting -> http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=13097&start=5

Soo......

I tried exactly what you said and although my system looked more stylish (Boot screen, correct aspect of grey apple screen, Only 2 files in the Extensions folder) it actually caused more problems.

After doing what you suggested the Sound section STILL didn't work, the USB fix I did a while back STOPPED working, and the entire computer ran more sluggish....all in all I am not a fan of 64-bit mode.

I got everything back to normal using my backup extra folder. The USB fix took a while, I had to go back and find the initial DSDT edit from when i first got it fixed months ago.

Now my system is exactly where it was before all this audio fixing stuff.

These are the only ideas I have left...

Different/more DSDT editing
Different/newer audio kext
Dumping some over looked extensions from the System/Library/Extensions folder

I have enclosed a few pictures of all the kexts in my system extensions folder. All I can think of is that maybe there is a kext already in place that's preventing the audio kext in multibeast from working.

I am hoping for a miracle...there aren't many options left if any at all...

Thanks,

~ Midsyde

Attachments

• Extensions1.jpg
    Extensions1.jpg
    408.5 KB · Views: 113
  • Extensions2.jpg
    Extensions2.jpg
    403.2 KB · Views: 144
  • Extensions3.jpg
    Extensions3.jpg
    406.9 KB · Views: 115
Here are the last 2 pictures of my System extensions...

Thanks again,

~ Midsyde

UPDATE:
Noticed after all changes my hard drive needed to be repaired again.

Attachments

• Extensions4.jpg
    Extensions4.jpg
    417 KB · Views: 144
  • Extensions5.jpg
    Extensions5.jpg
    452.3 KB · Views: 135
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back