Radeon 4890
Mac
  1. MacBook
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hey everyone,

So tonight I decided to get my audio working (has never worked, used USB Audio interface instead) and I haven't had much success.

I currently am using an EVGA P55 SLI motherboard with a custom DSDT file to fix the USB ports (the only thing different from the vanilla file)

I am going to assume I am doing something stupid and overlooking something...but I am beat for a days work and can't seem to figure it out on my own...here's what I did.

First off I have been running VoodooHDA...never worked, but showed up in System Prefs - Sound as Microphone / Line-In Input

I went into the System/Library/Extensions and erased that kext.

I then opened up Multibeast and selected ALC8xxHDA + AppleHDA Rollback + System Utilities.

After reboot System Profiler under Audio (Built-in) showed Intel High Definition Audio with all the jazz underneath it, BUT under System Preferences - Sound all I got was my external audio interface i've been using and soundflower.

Not sure what I did, but I went back into Multibeast and this time installed just ALC889 from the Non-DSDT HDAEnabler section along with System Utilities....after reboot still the same.

At this point I am not sure what more I need...what I may need to get rid of...If anyone can lend some advice I would appreciate it.

~ Midsyde

P.S. - I am assuming the EVGA P55 SLI is an 889 chipset from some info I got from another post I found on here.

Midsyde said:
Hey everyone,

So tonight I decided to get my audio working (has never worked, used USB Audio interface instead) and I haven't had much success.

I currently am using an EVGA P55 SLI motherboard with a custom DSDT file to fix the USB ports (the only thing different from the vanilla file)

I am going to assume I am doing something stupid and overlooking something...but I am beat for a days work and can't seem to figure it out on my own...here's what I did.

First off I have been running VoodooHDA...never worked, but showed up in System Prefs - Sound as Microphone / Line-In Input

I went into the System/Library/Extensions and erased that kext.

I then opened up Multibeast and selected ALC8xxHDA + AppleHDA Rollback + System Utilities.

After reboot System Profiler under Audio (Built-in) showed Intel High Definition Audio with all the jazz underneath it, BUT under System Preferences - Sound all I got was my external audio interface i've been using and soundflower.

Not sure what I did, but I went back into Multibeast and this time installed just ALC889 from the Non-DSDT HDAEnabler section along with System Utilities....after reboot still the same.

At this point I am not sure what more I need...what I may need to get rid of...If anyone can lend some advice I would appreciate it.

~ Midsyde

P.S. - I am assuming the EVGA P55 SLI is an 889 chipset from some info I got from another post I found on here.
disconnect your usb-audio, delete your DSDT (store it on a safe place for restore it later if nothing works) and try to delete any other audio kext you can find on your system. Then re-run MultibeastBildschirmfoto 2011-02-10 um 12.37.38.png
After that i would run Kext Utility (doubleclick) and then Disk Utility and repair the permissions on your OSX HD. Reboot

Attachments

• Bildschirmfoto 2011-02-10 um 12.37.38.png
    Bildschirmfoto 2011-02-10 um 12.37.38.png
    148.8 KB · Views: 216
Thanks for the response.

I have tried the IOUSBFamily rollback and I know for a fact it doesn't work. The DSDT I use have a specific code in it so that the USB ports read as built-in as opposed to expansion slots. I needed it for my USB audio interface.

In terms of audio kexts I have...here is what I could find relating to audio in my system/library/extensions folder...

AudioAUUC.kext
AppleHDA.kext
AppleFWAudio.kext
IOAudioFamily.kext
AudioIPCDriver.kext
HDAEnabler.kext

I know some of those I shouldn't delete, so which ones are you suggesting a remove?

Thanks,

~ Midsyde

Midsyde said:
Thanks for the response.

I have tried the IOUSBFamily rollback and I know for a fact it doesn't work. The DSDT I use have a specific code in it so that the USB ports read as built-in as opposed to expansion slots. I needed it for my USB audio interface.

In terms of audio kexts I have...here is what I could find relating to audio in my system/library/extensions folder...

AudioAUUC.kext
AppleHDA.kext
AppleFWAudio.kext
IOAudioFamily.kext
AudioIPCDriver.kext
HDAEnabler.kext

I know some of those I shouldn't delete, so which ones are you suggesting a remove?

Thanks,

~ Midsyde
Hä? :crazy: above you wrote you'll enable audio (i assume your onboard audio?) then you not need the DSDT for your usb-audio any longer. Also the usb-audio is no longer needed

Sorry if I am confusing lol.

Maybe if you know what I am trying to do..

I currently HAVE TO use my M-Audio USB Interface as an audio output because I use a program Pro Tools 8 which is a bitch in the sense that you have to use specific hardware or it wont work.

The DSDT edit was done a while back because Pro Tools was not recognizing the interface causing the program to not work. After editing the DSDT so the USB ports read as built in as opposed to expansion slots, the device worked.

Now, the computer audio inputs (Green and Pink) have not worked as long as I have had the hackintosh. I currently want to get them working because I would like to stream what I am doing in pro tools to a fellow producer. I want to take the secondary outputs (RCA) from the interface and have the outputs run back into the line-in of the computer, so I can live stream what I am doing.

I would like to get the Line-In working on the computer without screwing up the USB fix I have .

I have heard of a couple cases on these forums where people with the same motherboard have gotten the Line-in working, I have not been as successful.

Long story short, I need the USB audio AND the computer built-in audio to BOTH be working.

Thanks,

~ Midsyde

Zenjoon said:
karacho said:
Just install the Combo10.6.6...but don't reboot after that. Re-run Musltibeast and as you guys don't use a DSDT, you have to install install easybeast, the ALC8xxHDA, AppleHDA Rollback AND the right Non-DSDT HDAEnabler for your Codecs. Don't forget to tick System Utilities in Multibeast also. And also select the right chameleon bootloader for your GFX cards

thank I checked the following it works for EVGA P55 SLI
• EasyBeast
• ALC8xxHDA
• AppleHDA Rollback
- Non-DSDT HDAEnabler
• ALC889

I did this exact thing (minus easybeast...) and it didn't work. I am assuming it's due to the fact that I AM using an edited DSDT....So I guess the question becomes with an edited DSDT how can I make this work?

Thanks Again,

~ Midsyde

Midsyde said:
Sorry if I am confusing lol.

Maybe if you know what I am trying to do..

I currently HAVE TO use my M-Audio USB Interface as an audio output because I use a program Pro Tools 8 which is a bitch in the sense that you have to use specific hardware or it wont work.

The DSDT edit was done a while back because Pro Tools was not recognizing the interface causing the program to not work. After editing the DSDT so the USB ports read as built in as opposed to expansion slots, the device worked.

Now, the computer audio inputs (Green and Pink) have not worked as long as I have had the hackintosh. I currently want to get them working because I would like to stream what I am doing in pro tools to a fellow producer. I want to take the secondary outputs (RCA) from the interface and have the outputs run back into the line-in of the computer, so I can live stream what I am doing.

I would like to get the Line-In working on the computer without screwing up the USB fix I have .

I have heard of a couple cases on these forums where people with the same motherboard have gotten the Line-in working, I have not been as successful.

Long story short, I need the USB audio AND the computer built-in audio to BOTH be working.

Thanks,

~ Midsyde
Ah i understand...ok, don't know if it'll work, but run Multibeast and do it again like in my picture above but untick the usb-rollback. After that i would run Kext Utility and Disk Utility to repair the permissions. Maybe you're in luck after rebooting

I did exactly what you said and still nothing.

System Profiler shows everything, but when I go into Sound under System Preferences my only options are

- M-Audio Fast track Pro USB (My external audio interface for Pro Tools)
- Soundflower (2ch)
- Soundflower (16ch)

And thats it.

Maybe I should revert back to VooDoo? I have no idea how to get control of the inputs/outputs built-in to the computer.

Midsyde said:
I did exactly what you said and still nothing.

System Profiler shows everything, but when I go into Sound under System Preferences my only options are

- M-Audio Fast track Pro USB (My external audio interface for Pro Tools)
- Soundflower (2ch)
- Soundflower (16ch)

And thats it.

Maybe I should revert back to VooDoo? I have no idea how to get control of the inputs/outputs built-in to the computer.
I don't know...the best solution is to find anyone who can do the modifications to your DSDT, so that you not need the Non-DSDT HDAEnabler

Does anyone know which line of code to edit? I have done minor DSDT editing in the past, but if I have to edit for audio I want to make sure I know what part to edit so I don't screw up the entire system.

Thanks,

~ Midsyde

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back