Contribute
Register

EVGA GeForce GTX 750

Status
Not open for further replies.
I need to know if EVGA GeForce GTX 750 (1GB) is supported by Mac Os Sierra.
Please and thank you.

Then make sure the port layout on MSI is the same as the Nvidia GTX 750 reference design card. Non reference cards layouts tend to have display problems (short story). MSI and ASUS graphics cards have a history of deviating from the reference design as several older threads in the Graphics forum section have described.

Then make sure the port layout on MSI is the same as the Nvidia GTX 750 reference design card. Non reference cards layouts tend to have display problems (short story). MSI and ASUS graphics cards have a history of deviating from the reference design as several older threads in the Graphics forum section have described.
Layout? You mean the port of Displayport (DP) 15 pins is important? How layout will it be, master?

Last edited:
Layout? You mean the port of Displayport (DP) 15 pins is important? How layout will it be, master?
No, not pins - ports. Look at the monitor cable connector ports on the graphics card - layout of the DP (or mDP), DVI and HDMI. (As an example of what I'm talking about, see the 2nd picture here.) If the card has a VGA (D-sub) connector port, don't buy it.

Go to Nvidia's web site. Go to the web page that discusses the GTX 750. Then notice the (connector) port layout.

No, not pins - ports. Look at the monitor cable connector ports on the graphics card - layout of the DP (or mDP), DVI and HDMI. (As an example of what I'm talking about, see the 2nd picture here.) If the card has a VGA (D-sub) connector port, don't buy it.

Go to Nvidia's web site. Go to the web page that discusses the GTX 750. Then notice the (connector) port layout.
Gracias, but My monitor doesn't support any other cable then VGA, my monitor has only VGA port? Am I supposed to use DVI to VGA cable?

Yes, you will need a DVI to VGA adapter or cable. Apple hasn't supported VGA natively in a decade which is why the models listed in the Buyer's Guide are known to work. I use only the Gigabyte and EVGA graphics cards because of their history of working with macOS and (if necessary) the Nvidia web drivers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back