Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
hi all,

Everything was working great until a month ago when I went to my aunt's (still at my aunts today) and tried using Ethernet with her modem which is one of those ones that doubles as a router. At my moms house, Ethernet worked fine on my El Cap Lap(top). I tried deleting the alf plist thing and rebooting but no dice. Ethernet connects fine to other computers in the house with the same cord. I switched from DHCP to manual and input everything, and it says "Connected". Great. Now to try Safari. Oops... Upon navigating to any website, the message "You are not connected to the internet" appears. It's worth noting that on automatic DHCP the router section doesn't show anything. I'm pretty sure the Hackintosh is the problem but I'm keeping an open mind that it could be the router/modem, although unlikely. Any help is appreciated.

It's a dell Inspiron 5521 and all was great until that happened. Thanks in advance.

hi all,

Everything was working great until a month ago when I went to my aunt's (still at my aunts today) and tried using Ethernet with her modem which is one of those ones that doubles as a router. At my moms house, Ethernet worked fine on my El Cap Lap(top). I tried deleting the alf plist thing and rebooting but no dice. Ethernet connects fine to other computers in the house with the same cord. I switched from DHCP to manual and input everything, and it says "Connected". Great. Now to try Safari. Oops... Upon navigating to any website, the message "You are not connected to the internet" appears. It's worth noting that on automatic DHCP the router section doesn't show anything. I'm pretty sure the Hackintosh is the problem but I'm keeping an open mind that it could be the router/modem, although unlikely. Any help is appreciated.

It's a dell Inspiron 5521 and all was great until that happened. Thanks in advance.

Test your hardware/network setup on Windows.

Test your hardware/network setup on Windows.
Like on a Windows PC? Only have OS X on the Inspiron. Can confirm Ethernet works fine on other computers - Windows and Lubuntu. Same cord and router and LAN port on router - so its gotta be the Hackintosh. Tested on uncles Windows laptop and my Linux netbook, no issues there.

Like on a Windows PC? Only have OS X on the Inspiron. Can confirm Ethernet works fine on other computers - Windows and Lubuntu. Same cord and router and LAN port on router - so its gotta be the Hackintosh. Tested on uncles Windows laptop and my Linux netbook, no issues there.

No. Test on this specific laptop.

No. Test on this specific laptop.
Only way I can do that is to boot into a live USB environment of Lubuntu on the Inspiron. I only have OS X on the Hard drive. I'll boot to Lubuntu on USB and report back.

Only way I can do that is to boot into a live USB environment of Lubuntu on the Inspiron. I only have OS X on the Hard drive. I'll boot to Lubuntu on USB and report back.

Windows can be downloaded for free and used for a limited time in order to test...

Windows can be downloaded for free and used for a limited time in order to test...
Yeah, but I'm not knowledgeable on how to use it without installing it on my hard drive. I can't stand Winblows. Only use it on other people's computers. Can confirm Ethernet works on the computer in question when booted to a Live USB environment of Lubuntu.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    880.1 KB · Views: 297
I can safely say I'm using the right kext.

let's see...

Attach ioreg as ZIP: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

Provide output (in Terminal):
Code:
kextstat|grep -y acpiplat
kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu
kextstat|grep -y applelpc
kextstat|grep -y applehda

Attach EFI/Clover folder as ZIP (press F4 at main Clover screen before collecting). Please eliminate 'themes' directory. Provide only EFI/Clover, not the entire EFI folder.

Attach output of (in Terminal):
Code:
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /

Compress all files as ZIP. Do not use external links. Attach all files using site attachments only.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back