Contribute
Register

Ersterhernd's G5 PowerMac Case Mod

Status
Not open for further replies.
Awesome Mod!!

I am looking forward to starting my G5 mod, but As I am current in the process of finding a house to buy, etc. It's going to be on hold for quite some time.

With the housing market here in the U.S. being flipped over to being a buyers market, now is the time to buy if you're looking to purchase a home.

Thats a great job, Ersterhernd, I hope mine turns out as good. I am stripping my G5 case down and hit a problem, the release arm that runs along the top shelf, I can't see how its taken off, I think its held on with small metal clips but don't want to destroy anything, could you tell me how it's done. Keep up the work, thanks dirtwegy.

I have to back you on the front panel wiring comment, as I built my first cable from the corsair upgrade kit $35AU +post and later found Peter Chan's (alohacab) cable's on another site, It cost me more for the corsair kit with post in Australia for my first build, than it did the $50AU to have Peter build and post his cable from the US. The quality is second to none.

Yes, I immediately ordered another cable from Alohacab when I purchased my 2nd G5.

His work is first class.

Did you have a firewire with Alohas power wire, and where did it connect up, my motherboard hasn't got anywhere to connect a firewire.

Order a SYBA SD-PEX30009 FireWire card. It installs into a pci-e 1x slot and has the required internal header.

I used it on my micro ATX build. Worked great.

Yeah, just sucks to spend 35 bucks on outdated connections.

You don't need to have firewire for the cable to work. You can connect the firewire earth connection elsewhere using a jumper so that the LED and Power switch get their earth connection okay. No need to spend money on a firewire card just so you can make your front panel work.

I am sure Alohacab explains that with his stuff. BlackCH (who handles europe) certainly does....

It's the front audio that's got me puzzled.

Mines a no-show in sys prefs. I've read that jumping pins 7 & 10 on the audio header may work. I'm testing it with my iPhone earbuds, should those work in the G5 plug?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back