Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
  2. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I am trying to upgrade my Catalina Hackintosh to Big Sur but I get this error every time: Screenshot 2021-06-05 at 13.29.54.png
does anyone know how to fix it (btw I use clover)

Last edited:
The brand of the gt 710 is gigabyte (its the newer GDDR5 2GB model)
Since I am quite new to hackintosh, how do I see which version of Clover I have?

how do I see which version of Clover I have?
Did you use Unibeast for Catalina to install originally ?

If you have Hackintool installed you can click on the Boot tab to see your Clover version.

Last edited:
I installed Mojave via this guide: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...wer-mac-os-x-mojave-budget-imac-build.286884/
And then later updated to Catalina.
You're probably on Clover 4920 unless you updated to a newer version to update to Catalina.
Those older versions below 5126 don't work with Big Sur.

Why don't you ask 2005gg to udate that guide for Big Sur on the Optiplex 3020 ? Here's a few tips on what is required if you want to continue with Clover:

Guide: Update Directly to macOS Big Sur

1. Update your existing bootloader. Bootloader update to OpenCore 0.6.3 or Clover Release v5.1 r5126 required for installation. For the purposes of this guide, we will reference Clover locations. Note: Clover requires proper Quirks config.plist additions. See here for details.

I use a 9020 with Big Sur. It required the CFG Lock be switched off with a BIOS mod. I'm using OpenCore instead of Clover too.

Last edited:
I updated my clover boot loader to the newest version and I still get the same error

I updated my clover boot loader to the newest version and I still get the same error
Clover requires proper Quirks config.plist additions. See here for details.

CFG is locked by default so you'll need to remove that lock or set the Quirks appropriately.

Try setting the first two to true instead of false.

<key>Quirks</key>
<dict>
<key>AppleCpuPmCfgLock</key>
<false/>
<key>AppleXcpmCfgLock</key>
<false/>

I can't find those setting, but I will upload my config.plist

Attachments

• config.plist
    9.6 KB · Views: 41
I can't find those setting, but I will upload my config.plist

The new Clover versions now include elements of OpenCore, such as "quirks".

Make a copy of your config.plist and open it in the latest version of Clover Configurator app.

Find the Quirks section and add the ones @trs96 suggested. Save and test. :thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back