Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> Error symbol on install boot. First Hackintosh attempt - super noob please help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte H370M DS3H
CPU
i5-8400
Graphics
UHD 630
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Apple
  2. Classic
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Howdy....
I am trying to do my first Hackintosh build and have run into some issues. I have tried to follow the install guide to the best of my ability and look through some of the other support posts but cannot seem to find what the issue is. When I attempt to boot the installer it will end up at the prohibited icon. I have tried different USB ports (only using USB 2 ports), upped the allotment for onboard video memory, selected USB ownership and USB injection.
Here is my hardware list:
Gigabyte H370M DS3H MB
16 gig mem
Crucial 320gb ssd
i5-8400

Here are some screenshots of my BIOS setup... Sorry for the screenshot overkill, I just want to make sure I provide as much info as possible.
Thanks in advance for the help!

Attachments

• IMG_20190204_110608.jpg
    IMG_20190204_110608.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 243
Howdy....
I am trying to do my first Hackintosh build and have run into some issues. I have tried to follow the install guide to the best of my ability and look through some of the other support posts but cannot seem to find what the issue is. When I attempt to boot the installer it will end up at the prohibited icon. I have tried different USB ports (only using USB 2 ports), upped the allotment for onboard video memory, selected USB ownership and USB injection.
Gigabyte H370M DS3H MB
16 gig mem
Crucial 320gb ssd
i5-8400

Here are some screenshots of my BIOS setup... Sorry for the screenshot overkill, I just want to make sure I provide as much info as possible.
View attachment 384894View attachment 384895View attachment 384896View attachment 384897View attachment 384898View attachment 384899View attachment 384900View attachment 384901View attachment 384902View attachment 384903
boot verbose then take a pic

also upload your clover folder, zipped

make sure to use a usb2.0 stick

Howdy....
Gigabyte H370M DS3H MB
16 gig mem
Crucial 320gb ssd
i5-8400

View attachment 384894View attachment 384895View attachment 384896View attachment 384897View attachment 384898View attachment 384899View attachment 384900View attachment 384901View attachment 384902View attachment 384903
  • Your BIOS screen shots are not overkill. All should try to post like you have done. They are what would be needed to understand your BIOS selection to boot the disk that is finding issues.
  • Your BIOS screen shows Problem to boot Macos Mojave USB Installer using Intel HD 630 [See edited images]
  • Your BIOS screen shots are not the cause of your "Prohibited Entry Error on boot.
  • To diagnose the Verbose boot error, we need CLOVER from your USB installer
  • You can upload CLOVER as a zipped file using the bulleted steps and images you can find -> #4

Attachments

• 1.BIOS Boot Option Priorities List .png
    1.BIOS Boot Option Priorities List .png
    170.9 KB · Views: 675
  • 2.Peripherals_ Initial Display.png
    2.Peripherals_ Initial Display.png
    203.8 KB · Views: 598
  • 3.BIOS_Chipset.png
    3.BIOS_Chipset.png
    173.8 KB · Views: 595
  • 4.BIOS_Power..png
    4.BIOS_Power..png
    199 KB · Views: 559
Last edited:
-I had the same issue and fixed it. Try these threads:

-I'm booting with the custom Clover folder from this thread but not sure if it will work with your hardware:

-Also make sure to enable your intel 630 iGPU graphics as default in BIOS if you are using them. It looks like you're using the "Auto" setting, which always defaults to a graphics card if one is installed. I learned this the hard way.

As other people have said you should upload your Clover folder from your USB drive so we can see what your config is. Use a program to mount your EFI partition and navigate to EFI/Clover

• Your BIOS screen shots are not the cause of your "Prohibited Entry Error on boot.
I am not shure about that. I experienced that the bios settings are very sensitive. One simple wrong setting can lead to these kind of errors..
Anyway, in the first screenshot, I have csm enabled. Then you will get some important uefi settings! If I have time coming days, I will take screenshot pictures of the bios settings in my (succesfully working) Gigabyte H370M DS3H. (The computer is not connected now)

Sorry for the delay in getting these up... It has been a crazy week. I have tried changing the setting from auto to the hd630 as well and still no joy. There is no other video card installed in the machine.

Attachments

• Croaker_clover.zip
    2.8 MB · Views: 155
  • IMG_20190206_013404.jpg
    IMG_20190206_013404.jpg
    6.5 MB · Views: 267
  • IMG_20190206_013503.jpg
    IMG_20190206_013503.jpg
    6.4 MB · Views: 274
I am not shure about that. I experienced that the bios settings are very sensitive. One simple wrong setting can lead to these kind of errors..
Anyway, in the first screenshot, I have csm enabled. Then you will get some important uefi settings! If I have time coming days, I will take screenshot pictures of the bios settings in my (succesfully working) Gigabyte H370M DS3H. (The computer is not connected now)

• I am 100% sure Croaker's BIOS Options ARE NOT the cause of the Prohibit Entry Sign Boot error.
  • I suspected the problem lies in OP's CLOVER/kexts/Other folder lacking needed USB support kexts like USBInjectAll and or XHCIunsupported.kext and or config.plist_Devices with no USB FixOwnership .
    • I suggested to upload CLOVER as a zipped folder.
    • I pointed to the steps to get CLOVER from hidden EFI of USB Installer and upload.
  • Please try to help, but don't mislead or confuse those asking for help by interjecting with unsubstantiated suggestions or contradicting without sufficient proof.
  • Please read my comments again about OP's BIOS images and point to me and to OP what was wrong in them .
    • I am ready and willing to learn and correct myself if supported facts are posted..
  • I have reviewed OP's BIOS images , edited and uploaded in thread #3
  • I have categorically stated in BOLD
    • "Your BIOS screen shows Problem to boot Macos Mojave USB Installer using Intel HD 630 [See edited images]"
  • I stand by my assertion: that OP's BIOS options are not causing Prohibit Entry Error.

Sorry for the delay in getting these up... It has been a crazy week. I have tried changing the setting from auto to the hd630 as well and still no joy. There is no other video card installed in the machine.
  • I will review your CLOVER to find possible cause for the Uploaded Verbose boot Screen Image showing Prohibited Entry Error .
  • I have found clues for Prohibited Entry error in CLOVER/kexts/Other and in config.plist_Devices
  • The config.plist_Gui_Hide Volume section editing is to make CBM screen Icons less crowded and confusing later during installation.

• I have uploaded edited images of Clover File Tree and config.plist Screen Captures.
  • The config.plist editing is Preliminary.
  • Further editing of ACPI SECTION may be required based on verbose boot screens

Attachments

• 1.CFT.png
    1.CFT.png
    216.7 KB · Views: 340
  • 2.config.plist_Devices.png
    2.config.plist_Devices.png
    268.9 KB · Views: 318
  • 1.config.plist-Gui.png
    1.config.plist-Gui.png
    268.2 KB · Views: 311
  • 5.config_Rt V_CsrActiveConfig.png
    5.config_Rt V_CsrActiveConfig.png