Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> Error symbol on install boot. First Hackintosh attempt - super noob please help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had a similar issue; one of the two things solved it:
Use a USB port which is directly connected to the mainboard (i.e. no front USB port or similar)
Plug the SSD into SATA 1 connector for installation. I was able to move it to another SATA port after installation was successful.

Good luck

@Croaker,

Your screenshot in Post #7 does not show the last line. It might be a garbled version of "Still waiting for root device", which means you should use a USB 2.0 only port (black USB port, not blue or red). Try inserting your USB disk into each of the black USB ports one by one until one of them gets you beyond this problem.

Your BIOS screenshot #2 shows "Super IO Configuration". This is usually for Serial and Parallel ports. Make sure to disable this.

Also feel free to use the attached modified EFI folder. It should help with the rest of the installation steps. It contains USBInjectAll, XHCI-Unsupported, several ACPI patches, etc.

Attachments

• Croaker_clover-v2.zip
    2.7 MB · Views: 93
Ok... Made the changes listed above. This is what I get now...and here is the updated config file.

EDIT: CaseySJ I uploaded this update without refreshing and seeing your post, I apologize. I am trying your version now.

Attachments

• config._kexts_added.plist
    181 bytes · Views: 103
  • IMG_20190206_190556.jpg
    IMG_20190206_190556.jpg
    5.6 MB · Views: 104
Last edited:
Somewhat expected. We often see that on recent Gigabyte motherboards. The problem is usually resolved by replacing AptioMemoryFix-64 with OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000 and setting "slide=0". Both of these changes are reflected in the attached v3.

Attachments

• Croaker_clover-v3.zip
    2.9 MB · Views: 122
UPDATE: I am posting this from the Hackintosh! I am in the process of going through multibeast atm to install needed drivers and get audio working and look for any other issues. I just wanted to give you guys an update and thank you immensely for all of the help to this point! It removed a huge amount of frustration. I will keep everyone updated after Multibeast.

Ok folks... here is where I am at now... I am trying to figure out audio and trying to get the video working correctly. I ran multibeast after install previously and managed to completely bork everything to the point of having to reinstall from scratch again. Here is where I sit right now before running multibeast.... any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Also, would it be better to grab a video card instead of going with onboard? I'm pretty sure I have a couple off Nvidia cards around from other projects I could use but they would be older cards.

Thanks!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-02-06 at 11.57.19 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-02-06 at 11.57.19 PM.png
    78.5 KB · Views: 84
  • Screen Shot 2019-02-07 at 12.00.20 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-02-07 at 12.00.20 AM.png
    35.3 KB · Views: 72
  • Screen Shot 2019-02-07 at 12.00.39 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-02-07 at 12.00.39 AM.png
    37.3 KB · Views: 66
  • Screen Shot 2019-02-07 at 12.01.55 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-02-07 at 12.01.55 AM.png
    68.9 KB · Views: 68
Last edited:
Ok folks... here is where I am at now... I am trying to figure out audio and trying to get the video working correctly. I ran multicast after install previously and managed to completely bork everything to the point of having to reinstall from scratch again. Here is where I sit right now before running multicast.... any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Also, would it be better to grab a video card instead of going with onboard? I'm pretty sure I have a couple off Nvidia cards around from other projects I could use but they would be older cards.

Thanks!
Multicast? You mean MultiBeast! ;)

First download and install the following kexts:
  • Lilu
  • WhateverGreen
  • AppleALC
They can all be referenced from here: https://www.tonymacx86.com/resources/categories/kexts.11/

Install just the .kext files by following JayMonkey's guide: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...-el-capitan-sierra-high-sierra-mojave.268964/

To get video working follow the information here: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...hdmi-black-screen-problem.269149/#Compilation

To get audio working: Add Change HDAS to HDEF in the ACPI section of Clover Configurator. And in the Devices --> Audio section, try Inject 1.

Multicast? You mean MultiBeast! ;)

First download and install the following kexts:
  • Lilu
  • WhateverGreen
  • AppleALC
They can all be referenced from here: https://www.tonymacx86.com/resources/categories/kexts.11/

Install just the .kext files by following JayMonkey's guide: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...-el-capitan-sierra-high-sierra-mojave.268964/

To get video working follow the information here: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...hdmi-black-screen-problem.269149/#Compilation

To get audio working: Add Change HDAS to HDEF in the ACPI section of Clover Configurator. And in the Devices --> Audio section, try Inject 1.

View attachment 386156
Yes sorry Multibeast. The auto correct was changing it. Thanks for the info! I am off to try this... I will update asap.

Ok folks, sorry for the long delay in any updates... Here is where I am at now... for whatever reason I just cannot seem to get it past the initial install without having some major video issues once I try and follow the next steps and guides provided. I end up with no display at all. Would it be easier at this point to throw a 750ti I have laying around and retry? Maybe going with High Sierra instead? Both? Like I said from the start I am a total noob to this and you all have provided so much help on this project that there is no way I'm giving up now. Besides I'm hoping I can get this thing up and running stable so I can finally retire my much beloved 2009 Mac Pro. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back