CPU
i5-3570K
Graphics
AMD RX570
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I'm getting stuck at 'Error loading kernel cache (0x9)' in Clover. I've tried booting into safe mode, single user mode and with full verbosity. Still I can't get any further than this error.

I came about this issue because I've switched from OsxAptioFix2Drv to OsxAptioFixDrv on my EFI partition on the primary boot drive. But now I seem to be completely stuck in this boot loop I can't restore the file. I'd switched the file on advice written on these forums because I couldn't get macOS Sierra to boot into the installer.

I've tried booting into the installed 10.11 and macOS installer with no success. I just get the same 'Error loading kernel cache (0x9)'. I've also tried using a USB installer stick for 10.11. It gets so far in the boot process and the whole machine just reboots. The stick is using chimera to my knowledge.

Any help much appreciated as I'm totally stumped.

Did you solve the issue yet? I have the same problem but can't much about it directly relating to installing Sierra.

Turns out I never actually fixed this problem. But now have a little more info.

If I do a normal boot using Clover with the my usual default boot flags of dart=0 kext-dev-mode=1. I'm able to boot into the OS, to the point where the Apple logo appears with a progress bar on a grey background. The bar progresses all the way to the end, and then to a black screen, but I don't get any GUI / Desktop. I do however have a working SSH into the OS so can perform additional tasks remotely.

I've tried using -v in the Clover boot flags, but the exact same issue occurs. No GUI / Desktop but SSH access.

Using -x -v to try and troubleshoot further, I get stuck at the 'Error allocating 0x227 pages at 0x....., Error loading kernel cache (0xe), Boot failed' and then it just hangs indefinitely until I reset.

Bump.

I've attached a copy of my config.plist, contents of /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/kexts, /S/L/E & /L/E.

Attachments

• Clover.Kexts.zip
    46 KB · Views: 96
  • Library.Extensions.txt
    1.2 KB · Views: 211
  • System.Library.Extensions.txt
    20 KB · Views: 232
Update:

I've reinstalled macOS Sierra via a USB drive over the existing installation.

This has a helped progress a little, I'm now getting to a black screen with a cursor showing. I can still login via SSH as well.

Is there a particular log file that's worth checking to try and identify what's causing my system from booting to the GUI / Desktop.

The Hackintosh specs are: GA-B75N, Pentium G2020, GeForce GT 610.

It'd be great if someone could help out.

The Hackintosh specs are: GA-B75N, Pentium G2020, GeForce GT 610.
Unfortunately the GT610 is unsupported in Sierra.

Thank you. That would make a lot of sense! Is there a list of supported HW or can you tell me if the integrated GFX on G2020/GA-B75N is supported?

If not it looks like I'll have to invest in a new card or roll back to El Capitan?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back