Contribute
Register

Enabling AMD RX 4XX cards in Sierra.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice, can you select extreme HD and run again?
((
Screen Shot 2016-11-06 at 19.15.21.png

Hi Tulio, I have the same motherboard as you and looking to buy a Radeon 460.
When you had the old monitor attached to the motherboard, did you get the login screen on this old monitor or on one of the Dell monitors or all four monitors?
That is, with all four monitors attached, what do you see after OS has booted on each screen ?

Hey, Macnb, what happened is that the login screen appears on the old monitor and in two of the three Dell Monitors. Now, after a few startups on the mac machine I don't have even to turn on the old monitor. It must only be connected, not on.

[SUCCESS!]
MSI Radeon RX 480 Gaming X
(not the reference) is now working on macOS Sierra with full acceleration!
To make it work you need to:
1. install the macOS Sierra 10.12.2 public beta
2. go to /System/Library/Extensions/AMDRadeonX4100.kext/Contents/, open info.plist and replace "0x67FF1002" to "0x67DF1002"
3. run Kext Utility (download Kext Utility.app.zip) and wait until the access rights restored
4. reboot, go to BIOS>Peripherals, and set the Initial Display Output in "IGFX", then go to the section Chipset and set the Internal Graphics in "Auto"
5. save, reboot, and wait a few minutes (you must set the partition "Macintosh HD" by default and turn on timer in Clover) and you will see a login screen!
And more: in "About This Mac" will be displayed "AMD R9 xxx". To fix this, do the following:
1. download app "iHex" from App Store
2. go to /System/Library/Extensions/AMD9500Controller.kext/Contents/MacOS/
3. open the file "AMD9500Controller" with iHex
4. find (Edit>Find) text "xxx" and replace text "R9 xxx" to "RX 480"
5. run Kext Utility and wait until the access rights restored
6. reboot!
That's all, good luck!)
[All that I have written refers to mobo Gigabyte Z170 D3H - on other motherboards names may differ]
UPD: It also works on 10.12.1
View attachment 219205

how did you get sleep functioning on skylake? with the rx 480, any flags in config.plist? dark wake etc. I have a Z170n and i7 6700k

Hey, Macnb, what happened is that the login screen appears on the old monitor and in two of the three Dell Monitors. Now, after a few startups on the mac machine I don't have even to turn on the old monitor. It must only be connected, not on.
Tulio, Thanks. What happens if the old monitor is NOT connected and ONLY the Dell monitors ?

how did you get sleep functioning on skylake? with the rx 480, any flags in config.plist? dark wake etc. I have a Z170n and i7 6700k
Earlier, when i had a NVidia GTX 750 Ti sleep mode did not work - the display is not switched on after waking up. On the RX 480 has not yet tested.

I have i5 6500 Skylake, I don't have NVME ram and I use EMUVariable, and OSAptiofix (1, not2), in clover 64efi folder configuration. Boot arguments = dart=O darkwake=8. It sleeps overnight and when I hit a any key it wakes. I also set bios settings in power management to to allow power up from any key. If you have multi monitors the igpu works with sleep, and the card wakes as well. Right now with 1 monitor connected to card only after a long sleep it wakes by hitting power button. It pops right up, I don't have HDMI or DP sound I use the Sabrient USB external sound device with a powered speaker set.

I have i5 6500 Skylake, I don't have NVME ram and I use EMUVariable, and OSAptiofix (1, not2), in clover 64efi folder configuration. Boot arguments = dart=O darkwake=8. It sleeps overnight and when I hit a any key it wakes. I also set bios settings in power management to to allow power up from any key. If you have multi monitors the igpu works with sleep, and the card wakes as well. Right now with 1 monitor connected to card only after a long sleep it wakes by hitting power button. It pops right up, I don't have HDMI or DP sound I use the Sabrient USB external sound device with a powered speaker set.
How to set EMUVariable and OSAptiofix? Is this in clover when it boots?

also @Gigamaxx how do i fix choppy mac animations with the rx 480. When i go to launchpad, its not as smooth as on my actual mac. Is this a known issue?
nevermind read your other post about injecting FakeId and setting Baffin as frame buffer., and not injecting ATI or Intel. Fixed the issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back