Contribute
Register

Enabling AMD RX 4XX cards in Sierra.

Status
Not open for further replies.
How to set EMUVariable and OSAptiofix? Is this in clover when it boots?
nevermind read your other post about injecting FakeId and setting Baffin as frame buffer., and not injecting ATI or Intel. Fixed the issue.

Did you fix Intel graphics as well? Glad you're up and good to go.

I loaded the EMUvariable and osaptiofix when creating clover boot loader. They are located in the EFI clover partition in 64efi folder. If you use EFI mounter you could add them if you search them up. Do you have nvme ram installed? I don't so I read somewhere that using EMUVariable helped with that, and the OSOptiofix is the older version I choose over the newer osoptiofix2 that is default with the newer clover bootloaders. If you add the first version you need to remove #2, you can't have both or you get Kernel panic. OSXOptiFix2 was kind of buggy for me and I found the old version works better especially when using different system definitions like MacBook, iMac, Mac Mini, Mac Pro it just seems to work well for me.

Last edited:
****Update: Before installing iTunes updates change 67DF back to 67EO as the update will flag your 4000kext and bring your system status into question. this happened once already in GM, i avoided it last night by changing it back. I had to change my serial number and uuid to get the flagged system to work again. its easier to change back to EO and then back again after the update.

Is this still true? Do we need to change back to 67EO for all App Store updates?

Thanks.

Is this still true? Do we need to change back to 67EO for all App Store updates?

Thanks.

The iTunes updates, and Sierra updates. If you don't it may flag the kext and make it unusable. It happened on the first iTunes update for me, however I survived a Sierra software update without changing it. If the updates are focused in other areas they may miss it but it's a game of chances. If you want to be safe keep the original info plist handy to change back before updates.

The iTunes updates, and Sierra updates. If you don't it may flag the kext and make it unusable. It happened on the first iTunes update for me, however I survived a Sierra software update without changing it. If the updates are focused in other areas they may miss it but it's a game of chances. If you want to be safe keep the original info plist handy to change back before updates.

Thanks for the info!

Did you fix Intel graphics as well? Glad you're up and good to go.

I loaded the EMUvariable and osaptiofix when creating clover boot loader. They are located in the EFI clover partition in 64efi folder. If you use EFI mounter you could add them if you search them up. Do you have nvme ram installed? I don't so I read somewhere that using EMUVariable helped with that, and the OSOptiofix is the older version I choose over the newer osoptiofix2 that is default with the newer clover bootloaders. If you add the first version you need to remove #2, you can't have both or you get Kernel panic. OSXOptiFix2 was kind of buggy for me and I found the old version works better especially when using different system definitions like MacBook, iMac, Mac Mini, Mac Pro it just seems to work well for me.

So I just came back after 16 hours and it resumed from sleep perfectly, I clicked the power button and quickly tapped some keys on the keyboard and it booted up and the display worked as well. So as of now, that is manageable. I haven't tested it for short durations of sleep but I would assume I would get the same result as you.

So I just came back after 16 hours and it resumed from sleep perfectly, I clicked the power button and quickly tapped some keys on the keyboard and it booted up and the display worked as well. So as of now, that is manageable. I haven't tested it for short durations of sleep but I would assume I would get the same result as you.

In About this Mac you can select sleep just before the restart option, I also use this config on my z97 board with the pentium g3258, I switch dart=0 for cpus=1.

In About this Mac you can select sleep just before the restart option, I also use this config on my z97 board with the pentium g3258, I switch dart=0 for cpus=1.
yea, sleep actually has been working seamlessly, even during short sleeps. All I do is click the power on button and tap on the keyboard and everything wakes up. Very pleased with this card.

Tulio, Thanks. What happens if the old monitor is NOT connected and ONLY the Dell monitors ?

The computer does not start. The login screen under mac os freezes. Due to lack of time o didn't try yet the solution that you gave me a few posts back. I will try during the weekend.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back