Contribute
Register

Enable all cores R9 Fury cards

Status
Not open for further replies.
The 9500 kext info.plist change form 0 to 1 sent the fans into scream mode, and I had to hit the main power switch, changed the value to 5 and it works like the 0 or original setting, I will try different values and report any success and stability.
I'm pretty sure it's a boolean, so only 0 and 1.

Thanks, I'll set back to 0. It's scary, it reminds of the early testing before the public release when the RX 480 cards went whacko!

@Fl0r!an

I haven't understood clearly whether I need to use all the 3 patches for an RX480 or only the 1st one...

All three unless you're using Sierra beta 12.4, the 12.3 public release still recognizes the Ellesmere command.

In beta 12.4 the last Baffin to Ellesmere fix didn't take for me but performance remains the same for the other two.

The 9500controller disablepowermangement has worked for some and causes crashes for others, so be careful with that one. It's easy enough to switch it back if it doesn't work but be ready to turn your power supply off if you hear fans screaming during a benchmark.

All three unless you're using Sierra beta 12.4, the 12.3 public release still recognizes the Ellesmere command.

In beta 12.4 the last Baffin to Ellesmere fix didn't take for me but performance remains the same for the other two.

The 9500controller disablepowermangement has worked for some and causes crashes for others, so be careful with that one. It's easy enough to switch it back if it doesn't work but be ready to turn your power supply off if you hear fans screaming during a benchmark.

Hello ! I have a rx 480 of 8gb ram but when I do the luxmark only I get 16 units. Can someone explain to me step by step how small children should I do to detect 32 units of computing? I appreciate the help please! I have no idea of computers or computers. I have Sierra 10.12.3

Hello ! I have a rx 480 of 8gb ram but when I do the luxmark only I get 16 units. Can someone explain to me step by step how small children should I do to detect 32 units of computing? I appreciate the help please! I have no idea of computers or computers. I have Sierra 10.12.3

Google iHex and download it. You will also need Kext wizard or equivalent kext tool for System/Library/Extensions repair.

1). Go to top tool bar and select "GO" scroll down to "Computer" open it. Select the ssd or hdd ( disk) that you have Sierra on and open it.

2). Open the "System" folder and then scroll down to "Library" then "Extensions". Open it and then scroll to AMD4100Kext.

3). Right click on 4100kext and select "Show Package Contents" a new folder will appear, open it.

4). Open the folder that says macOS there is one file AMDRadeonX4100 there, drag it to the desktop, don't worry it will make a copy. Create a new folder on desktop by going tp top tool bar and selecting "File" create new folder. Name it 4100kext or something similar. Now drag another copy of the 4100kext to the folder (same as above but put in folder instead of desktop).

5). Open iHex app, and use edges to enlarge screen. Drag the desktop copy of the 4100kext to iHex app. Go to Top tool bar and select "edit" and scroll down to "find" select it and also again on the side window that appears. You should see windows for data appear on the top bar of iHex window "find" and "replace".

6). input the values from FlOr!an's post on page one. Write them down and make sure to keep them in pairs. The first set is for the "find' window the second set for the "replace" window. Enter the first and second values ( the first set of 2). Then hit the find button only once. Now hit the replace button only once. You should see the find value show up or blink as a yellow highlight, the replace action is very subtle just a quick blur of the values selected and changed. Do not hit replace twice. Go back to find and replace windows in iHex and carefully delete the values. Next load the next set of 2 value sets and remember to add both sets then hit find once and replace once. Repeat for last of the sets, Baffinto Ellesmere.

7). Go to top tool bar in File and select Save. Close iHex and drag the desktop copy of the 4100kext to the AMD4100kext "Contents" folder and place it in the macOS Folder. Back to where you got it from. If you closed the AMD4100kext window just repeat steps 1). to 3).
When replaced correctly it should give you "authenticate" and "replace?" prompts along with a password prompt.

8). Before you get too excited you need to run a kext tool, Kextbeast won't work for this because its for library/Extensions not System/Libray/Edxtensions. I use KextWizzard google it and download it if you don't have it already. Run kext tool and get repair permissions and clear caches.

9). Reboot and then run Luxmark bench and you should have the 36 compute units and a better score.

P.S. Run the Luxmark before and after and post results please, that is IF it works, lol!

Note: When you do this fix for Sierra 12.4 they have removed the Ellesmere reference so it doesn't take. Just do the two sets of find and replace and it will work fine. I am using the beta 12.4 and the first 2 fixes work and my benchmarks are the same as with the Ellesmere fix.

Last edited:
so does this not work in 10.12.4 beta?

The "find" values are either gone or have been changed so there is nowhere to enter the " replace" values. We need to find the new "Find" values to make this work again.

I have been swamped with work and many other little projects that I can't keep up lately. You could try to find the source on this Okrasit and aks if they have found new values in 12.4. We need to get on this quick, it really hurts going back to 16 CUs.

@FlOr!an, have you heard anything on this? Can we find the new Find values?

Last edited:
So need some help. I have a sapphire fury x and I am running mac sierra 10.12.3. I havent changed any kext or anything yet. Mac says AMD R9 xxx 4069 MB. I have good 2d graphic support but no OpenGL support. Lux Mark x3.1 says "No OpenGL device selected or available" and the gpu tab shows nothing. If i start heaven bench its an instant error; doesnt even start. I tried hex editing the AMDRadeonx4100 kext but NONE of the three values are even showing up??? I am using clover efi and I am not injecting any ATI or anything. System report shows the gpu as device ID: 0x7300. Can anyone help me??

So need some help. I have a sapphire fury x and I am running mac sierra 10.12.3. I havent changed any kext or anything yet. Mac says AMD R9 xxx 4069 MB. I have good 2d graphic support but no OpenGL support. Lux Mark x3.1 says "No OpenGL device selected or available" and the gpu tab shows nothing. If i start heaven bench its an instant error; doesnt even start. I tried hex editing the AMDRadeonx4100 kext but NONE of the three values are even showing up??? I am using clover efi and I am not injecting any ATI or anything. System report shows the gpu as device ID: 0x7300. Can anyone help me??

For the acceleration fix I think you need to use Xcode or TextEdit on the AMD9500Controllerkext and the AMD4100kext. You right click on the kext and choose "show package contents" remove the info.plist to desktop, open it with Xcode or TextEdit and add your ID to the section with the others 0x67EO1002 0x67FF1002 0x67EF1002 [0x73001002], hit save close the editor and then drag back to the contents folder. Make sure to get "authenticate and replace" prompts before password. If only Authenticate appears hit cancel and do again until you have both prompts. Before you reboot use kext wizard. There is a thread for RX cards just use your IDs instead. https://googleads.g.doubleclick.net...s/enabling-amd-rx-4xx-cards-in-sierra.201364/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back